"Do you want to talk now? Or are you gonna keep pretending you're fine?" Jungkook asked with raised brows as the two slid into a secluded booth by the window.

It was late, and most people had stayed indoors due to the cold. So, the two Stars didn't have to worry about being stampeded for autographs.

"If I say I want to, then what?" Taehyung asked uneasily in reply.

"Then, you tell me what's on your mind and I listen. No judgement, and no responding unless you ask me to." Jungkook answered while looking the elder seriously.

"Fine." Taehyung said before taking a large breath.

His hands clung nervously around his coffee cup, and Jungkook patiently sipped his tea.

"I didn't tell the whole truth to you. The reason why Hyung was acting weird that day was because he thought I was using you to get over Hoseok." Taehyung said with enough pause for Jungkook to comment.

"That doesn't sound like a big deal to me." Jungkook said, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"My ex boyfriend, before Hobi, was named Minho. We met during my debut and dated for almost two years before..." Taehyung bit his lip and Jungkook ran his thumb over his hand after giving it a comforting squeeze.

"He cheated on me, with his fellow trainee. I was on a downward spiral after I found out. I got drunk every weekend and woke up in different beds each time. I called Namjoon so many times from apartments in parts of town I had never even been to." Taehyung held tightly onto Jungkook's hand as he spoke, unable to look at him .

Jungkook nodded to show he was listening and tried to hide his shock.

"Most of it's just fuzzy memories, but everyone was worried for me at that time. It almost cost me my spot in STB." Taehyung explained with a loud exhale.

"And after that you met Hoseok?" Jungkook asked.

"I had just signed with TopChart under the condition that I would get counseling. Namjoon insisted that he be my manager, and Hobi became my bodyguard." Taehyung said.

Jungkook stroked circles in Taehyung's hand comfortingly while hanging off his every word.

"Hoseok listened to everything. I trusted him, because he made me feel safe. Before I knew it he was more than my bodyguard. He was my friend and one day he became more than that. We dated because it felt right, but maybe it wasn't.." Taehyung concluded with a pained sigh.

"I think you found comfort in Hoseok. You trusted him, and you clung onto him because you needed to feel like you could believe in someone again." Jungkook reasoned while maintaining his grip on the elder's hand.

"You know, you're right. The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to wonder how much of the love I thought I had for Hobi was just gratitude..." Taehyung confessed.

"Or a desire to be the only one he wanted which would be ensured by his ability to protect you." Jungkook theorized and his costar nodded.

"That actually makes so much sense. It's funny because a few months ago I would've sworn I really loved him." Taehyung said with a sad laugh.

"I think you did, but maybe not as much as, or in the way you thought you did." Jungkook replied and Taehyung nodded.

"Namjoon is texting." Taehyung announced rather sadly.

He had wanted to keep talking to Jungkook. Even though the topic of discussion wasn't exactly fun, Taehyung found it easier to speak about it with the younger.

"We should probably head back. I don't need him thinking I've kidnapped you." Jungkook said half-jokingly and Taehyung giggled as they slid out of their seats.

The pair had walked back rather
quickly to escape the cold, but found themselves lingering in the hall.

"I've never told anyone about that before, and I can't even get through Hyung mentioning it without crying... Thank you, you are always so good at listening. You must get sick of my problems." Taehyung said with an insecure smile.

"I don't like hearing about your problems. Not because I mind, but because I think you deserve to be happy. I want to hear good things, but even if they're bad you can still talk to me. Whenever you need to." Jungkook said, with a smile that made Taehyung's face hot, before opening the door.

"Well, it's about time." Namjoon huffed.

"Enjoyed your coffee?" Seokjin asked rather animatedly, unable to suppress his giggling.

"Yeah, was it hot?" Yoongi inquired while cheekily wiggling his eyebrows.

"Hyungs... Could you please stop being weird?" Jungkook pleaded with a groan.

"We were just playing. Geez, don't be a brat." Yoongi said.

"I'm not being a brat. You two are the reason we don't have friends. Don't be surprised if they don't come back." Jungkook replied.

"Kookie, it's ok. Seokjin-Hyung, can I help you clean up?" Taehyung gave his costar a gentle pat on the ass before turning to Seokjin.

The action, along with the new nickname, made the younger quite flustered. His eyes went wide as he hid his shock with a cough.

"Oh, sure. I'll wash and you dry?" Seokjin suggested.

"Ok."

"Jungkook? Step out for a moment, hm?" Namjoon said before stalking out of the apartment.

Jungkook nodded and quickly followed, having no clue what the elder might want. The door closed behind the younger and the two men faced each other.

"You wanted to say something?" Jungkook asked.

"I did actually, and it's about Taehyung." Namjoon started.

"We already told you that nothing happened between us." Jungkook said with a sigh.

"I know that, and even if it's true this still needs to be said..." Namjoon continued with a seriousness that made Jungkook curious.

"He wasn't even with Hoseok long and now they've broken up. You may think that him being all close to you is because he likes you, but he doesn't. He's hurting and jumping stupidly into something new is how he deals. Don't take advantage of the fact that he's going through a hard time. After his first breakup he was a wreck. He-" Namjoon had finished his lecture and started to explain further.

"I know all about Minho, the partying, and the guys-I don't care. I just want Taehyung to be happy, and I promised to stay by his side to make sure that happens. I want us to get along. I really do. But if you have a problem with that then know that I'm not going down without a fight." Jungkook stated with a unwavering stare.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Namjoon questioned with a glare.

"It means that it doesn't matter how much I respect you. The only person who gets to decide whether or not I'll be in Taehyung's life is him. And as of right now, it seems like he wants me here, so I'm staying put. Goodnight Hyung." Jungkook said with a bow before returning inside, leaving Namjoon both angered and kind of impressed.