Great, there's a reason I enjoy speaking.

Halfway through the first question I'm ready to give up, not in the mood to decipher every word. A sticky note is placed on my desk.

Take your time and do what you can. I'm positive you're the most informed about the book

Sending her an appreciative glance, I continue on. Her grace is appreciated but I don't deserve special attention.

*****

Lunch is interesting.

Grabbing a sparkling water from the lunch line, I head over to my new normal table. The twins wave, tossing an aluminum foil ball at my head as I sit.

"That's a nice way to earn the ladies attention." I tease them, taking note of a few other freshman besides Conner and Sam at the table.

"Your faced was asking to be hit." Silver shrugs, shoving a Cheeto in his mouth.

I snort, splitting the brownie Saffron packed in my lunch in half and giving it to my brothers.

They inhale it, chocolate smeared all over their faces.

"How come Saff let you have one of her special desserts?" Sterling pouts.

"The perks of her thinking I have a broken heart." I smirk. Even though my heart isn't broken, and I don't like sweets.

My baby sister is sweet for caring and I'll be the last person to rain on her parade.

Sam glances down at his sandwich, uncomfortable by the change in topic.

"Dude, it's not your fault." I nudge him.

"It just pisses me off my sister decided to be a bitch." He offers, cracking his knuckles.

Sam being Stella's brother does make this weird, but he's not the one being a bitch. The anger is appreciated but he's still her brother. "Stella and Ella are old enough to be responsible for their own actions, don't hold a grudge."

They need space. I guess I never really understood what a burden I was.

"Well, Stella's barely replied to my texts." He mutters, "Mom's three seconds from flying to New York to hit her with a rolled-up newspaper."

I've been whacked by Kim before, it's not a pleasant experience. "If she goes, I want to tag along."

I could use the entertainment.

"Want to trade?" Conner asks. "My sister's never been so attentive in my life."

Now that's not fair. "Avery is just trying to make up for all the failings of your parents." There's a lot she's trying to compensate for. My aunt and uncle and grandparents have a special place in hell waiting for them. "Don't let your desire to be a douchey teen ruin all the good she's trying to do."

I know how hard she's working to be there for him.

"You're right." He admits, looking a little guilty.

The twins convince Sam to pour an entire bag of peanut m&m's into his mouth and I watch to make sure no one dies. At least lunch is still a party, I'd be miserable if my entire day was boring.

"Looks like where there's a Rhodes, there'll be a freak show." Wes sneers, slapping the back of Sam's head as he stands over our table.

He begins to choke on the m&m's, and I hold out a plastic bag for the kid to spit them out.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I demand, handing Sam a bottle of water. "He literally could've died."

"Don't be so dramatic, Hollywood." He glares. "Unless you're afraid of another loss."