3.

Excuse any mistakes.
Luna Hogan

I hit the snooze button on the alarm turning over on my side

I hit the snooze button on the alarm turning over on my side. I kept my eyes close not wanting to get out of bed. I groaned sitting up, hitting end on the alarm. Standing to my feet I stretched and headed into the bathroom, so I could start my morning hygiene routine.

Once I was done I headed towards Lavender's room. It was time for her to get up for school. I really hated waking her up this early, she always looked so peaceful.

"Time to get up bubbies." I leaned down kissing her cheek.

"I don't want to." She groaned tucking her head under her pillow. I smiled tickling her sides. She didn't move at first but then she burst into laughter.

"I knew that would wake you."

She sat up quickly. "I'm mad at you."

I watched her stomp her way to the bathroom. This was her every morning and as soon as she stepped foot out the bathroom she would be happy as ever. Walking over the bathroom, I watched from the door as she brushed her teeth.

This little girl was growing up right in front of my eyes. I didn't want her to get any bigger. This was the perfect size for me and wished she could say this way.

"Can I pick out my outfit today?" I nodded still staring at her. I thought what if my dad was alive. He would've treated her like the world. It breaks my heart that he couldn't. "You're crying, mommy."

Reaching up confused feeling droplets falling down my cheeks. I quickly wiped them away putting a smile on my face. "I'm okay."

She didn't look convinced but continued washing her face. For her age, she could sense things pretty well. That was my dad for sure in there. He was always on high alert and would know when something was wrong with me.

"What do you want for breakfast?"

"Lucky charms."

"You got it." I brushed her hair into two puffballs. Once I done I picked her up walking us into the kitchen. I sat her at the table pulling out a bowl and spoon adding her cereal with milk.

"Are you taking me to school today?"

I shook my head. "Your dad will."

"Mommy." She whined.

"You can't keep doing this. Remember I told you your dad and I will switch days."

"I want you to come, please." The doorbell went off.

"Leave your bowl on the table and go get dressed." She nodded taking off quickly. I opened the door seeing him lean against the brick wall.