27.

Excuse any mistakes!
Luna Hogan
One Month Later

"Dad, why don't I have a mom?" My words seemed to catch him by surprise as he choked on his drink

"Dad, why don't I have a mom?" My words seemed to catch him by surprise as he choked on his drink. I frantically stood up, to pat his back. "Are you okay? I'm sorry, I just need to understand why she didn't want me. Why didn't she want me?"

"Part of healing is accepting that you'll never fully understand it. Learn to heal and move on without closure or understanding. Some things are better left unsaid. You can't stress something can not control. You are worth so much, Luna."

His words were cutthroat, bringing tears to my eyes. He stopped and looked at me with anger. I wasn't crying because of him but the situation. My heart tugged for answers.

"Don't you ever shed a tear over her. Do you understand me? You're worth so much more than that. I love you enough to be your mother and father. I will give you everything you need in life. I know that's never enough but I will never stop."

"I understand."

"You're too pretty to cry." His thumb brushed under my eyes, wiping away the stray tears. His arms wrapped around me tightly, kissing my cheeks. We sat in a relaxed silence. I smiled looking at him in admiration. My dad was all I needed.

"Stay right here." He looked down at his watch quickly. I nodded curiously and waited on the couch. A flicker of light caught my eyes as I turned seeing my dad hold an all white cake with rainbow drizzle. "Happy 16th birthday, babygirl."

"Aww, thank you."

He smiled. "Make a wish."

"I miss you so much

"I miss you so much." My fingers grazed over my dad's tombstone. "I think about you every second of the day. Lavender reminds me of you in many ways. I wish you two could have met."

"You have to be happy. Grandpa is watching over us." She took hold of my hands, and I couldn't control my emotions anymore. I've tried being strong but I needed a release. My throat began to dry up, and my eyes began to tear up. I blinked quickly in an attempt to make them disappear.