23.

Excuse any mistakes!
Luna Hogan

Excuse any mistakes!Luna Hogan

"You have to be still." Lavender squished my cheeks together, holding my face in place. She was holding me hostage in her room as she proceeded to give me a 'Lavy Makeover'.

"Be gentle."

"Sorry." Her tongue stuck out on the side of her mouth as she focused on doing my eyeshadow. I tried my hardest not to laugh at her seriousness. "Now, I have to bake your face."

Her steps were all over the place but I wouldn't dare correct her. I was letting her be great and do whatever she wants. "Don't forget lipgloss."

"Right! Almost missed the most important step." She glided the brush across my face before applying a large amount of lipgloss to my lips.

"All done!" She held a small mirror to my face. I looked like a damn clown who had a rough day at the circus. My baby looked at me with such innocent eyes waiting for my response.

"You did an amazing job, baby."

She smiled. "You really like it?"

"I love it."

"I...I don't know what else to do now." She shrugged plopping down on her bed. "You can't leave though."

She rushed over to my side, grasping my arm tightly. I chuckled at her efforts to make me sit back down. This has been going on for two hours. I couldn't move an inch without her thinking I'm leaving her room.

"I'm just standing up. How about I paint your nails and toes?" I suggested in which she agreed to. I proceeded with getting everything needed while Lavender picked out a color. Once I started we sat in complete silence.

"Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"How come people tried to hurt us?" My heart began racing at her question. She looked genuinely confused and saddened. I did everything in my power to take her mind off of the incident that occurred last week but she obviously didn't forget.

I sighed. "Sometimes people are angry and they do bad things."

"You hurt someone's feelings?"

"Sadly yes. But they will never try to hurt us again, I'll make sure not it. I love you so much bubbies." I kissed her forehead while squeezing her tight. I was going to do everything in my power to keep her safe.

_______

"Who's next?" I asked Lilo. Tonight I was holding auditions to replace Sweets. Since she was fired, I haven't heard from her. When I went to look for her and try to offer my help once again, she was gone. The people from her neighborhood said she moved out of state. The girls also informed me that she had only gotten worse. Sad it had to be that way, I just hope she gets the help she deserves.