Chapter 34

Heal - Westlife

Even though you're near me
I need you far away
To be a notion
To build another way
I'll be broken and I know it
But I just can't seem to find another way.

Linkin Tyler Travinio

The problem with temptation is that it is too damn tempting. No matter what I do I always seem to find myself in the same position. I run but always end up in the starting point, it's like running in circles and it's fucking with me.

I've made stupid decisions. This little crush I have on my best friend's girlfriend is making my life hell. She's just so damn beautiful, her voice is always sweet and humble. She's always so graceful and kind too. Everything you want in a girl. Styles is one lucky motherfucker.

"You have three weeks to complete this project." Mr Winter says. This is just my fucking luck. I'm trying to avoid her but now we have to do a project together.

One guess of who my lab partner is? Yes Evernly. How fucking awesome that I can't stay away. It's like this fucking universe wants us together.

I zone the teacher out. I can't decide if I hate him yet. Couldn't he pair me with someone else other than my best friend's girlfriend. Worse of it all is that this project is an outside project meaning we'll have to meet outside school. I hate that I'll be alone with her. I can not just not do it.

It amount to half of my grade. The other projects we did it in class and when we weren't doing anything that counts on my grades I'd skip class or Styles would drag Evernly back to their table before all this nonsense.

I feel someone shaking me. I snap out of my thoughts and whip my head towards the source. I only find out that the perpetrator is non other than Evernly. Her hazel eyes boring through my soul. I turn my head to look at the front of class.

"Yes." I give her a robotic response. Let's try to make her dislike me, maybe it'll help. I pitch to myself.

"Did I do something wrong?" She asks. I freeze for a moment. Her voice sounds hurted. I'm fucking hurting her.

It's for the best Linkin. I console myself.

"You did nothing." I hate how robotic my voice sounds towards her.

"About the project-" she starts but I cut her off mid sentence.

"You'll do your part and I'll do mine." I deadpan. I value my friendship with Harry, I won't risk it. We go way back and knowing that Evernly would never choose me over him somehow helps.

Everyone does. They always choose him over me even my father approve him over me. Mother loved him over us.

The thought makes me bitter. Don't get me, I have nothing against the man but the pill of people always choosing him is a bitter one to shallow.

"We still have to choose the project." She points out. I hate how my body reacts to the sound of her sweet, sweet voice. She has this strong hold  against me. It scares me because the pull is too much. She's too much of a temptation.

"You choose and tell me." I stand up pushing my chair back until it fall which gets everyone's attention.

"Travinio sit down." Winter orders. I ignore the teacher and walk out of the classroom. I earn a glance as I push my way out of class.