9

Poseidon

"Athena, I love you" I say

"I love you too Poseidon", Athena says leaning in and filling the gap between us

I pull apart. " You shouldn't-We shouldn't be doing this"

Her eyes looked glossed over;getting foggier by the second." I don't care, all I want is to be with you ", she says kissing my jawline then my neck.

My breath hitches "Athe-"

I wake up, springing from the pure silk-woven mattress that stays in my mansion on Olympus. I wipe my forehead free of sweat and quickly go to the restroom. I look at my reflection.

I look normal besides the fact that my eyes are red and there's a mild blush upon my godly face. My eyes being red because of the mere fact that I had gotten 2 hours of sleep (A/N pretend that the Olympians need at least 4 hours of rest throughout the day) and the blush that keeps burning brighter on my cheeks each second because of my dream. Why did I even dream something like that? I—I don't think I feel that way towards her. Her. Athena. I saw her yesterday going to Aphrodite's place.

I wonder why she was going to the love goddess. It's not like they have a great relationship or anything. What if she's talking to Aphrodite about love? No, Poseidon. No 'what ifs'. You know what the mortals always say.

I look at the Hephaestus-made clock that states it's 5:00 AM. Eh, I can take a 30 minute cat nap before I have to start the day.

I head back to bed and fall asleep instantly.

Athena

"Poseidon... I just wanted to tell you; I love you." I say to the man in front of me— Poseidon who stands there shocked.

"I-I ok? I just don't understand—" He doesn't finish his sentence before I kiss him. Passionately. My lips move against his in such a way that it makes me want him to kiss back the same way.

He shyly moves his lips against mine as I put my hands into his hair, making it messier than it is already. He pulls away.

"Why did you kiss me?"

I look into his eyes that seem to be graying, along with his godly features among his being. I try to answer but I am unable.

I wake up abruptly, opening my eyes so wide that I have to close them once again to get used to the dark atmosphere of the room.

Why did I dream of Poseidon? I bet it was because of this whole thing going on with me. Me. Lady Athena. The maiden goddess who is 99.9% sure she is in love with her rival. Oh man, this is going to be hard to explain when I tell him or Aphrodite.

I head towards the bathroom to look at the usual plainness of my reflection. When I look upon myself, I see a sleep-deprived goddess, my startling gray eyes and my bland brown hair braided back out of my face. Basically, I look awful.

But something catches my eye. The necklace around my neck. It's beauty would've clashed with my complexion if it was a shade lighter of green but the shade was perfect. It made my gray eyes brighter, my hair look ravishing and the tiredness of my being suddenly disappear.

Something about this necklace is off. I don't think it's the magical beauty that it sends to the wearer; I think it's the person who gave the necklace to me.

___________