6

Poseidon

After Amphitrite left, I sat on the couch, looking through the wedding photos that we took a long time ago.     
I remember when we were first engaged. We were happy and young. And nothing could've ever changed that. Except for her fading.     

Why was she fading? She wasn't neglected, nor was she lonely. The nymphs would always socialize with her as invite her to celebrations. This makes no sense. I need to talk to someone about this. Someone who knows.      

Someone who knows love.

Athena     

After I ponder (A/N of something great😂 TØP reference) about Poseidon and I's relationship, I decide to go and walk around Central Park, as a mortal, of course.   

  After I get there, I walk around, looking at the trees and the blossoming flowers and the extravagant contrast of the colors merging together. I think about how life would be if I wasn't a goddess or, better yet, if I was a mortal. I think about my father and how unfaithful he is to Hera. And I also think about Poseidon. How we are different, how we both look at things and how we both show affection.

I mean, not together, never. Just like to other people.     

I show affection by small gestures. A slight smile or a polite laugh at a (not-so-funny) joke. But Poseidon. He's a different story.     

Poseidon is more open. He likes sharing his affection. Like shaking the hands of  friends and alliances or hugging his wife (A/N Athena doesn't know about the divorce.) and godly children.     

That's probably why we don't get along. We are opposites. But wait, don't opposites attract?

__________
IMPORTANT

Small reminder that the first few chapters are copied from Tinslety aka percysarena's story since I adopted it.