2019 Christmas Gift: Love

Another typical day, another typical night to end. No one to talk to. No one to long to.

What you expect when you're the one who pushed everyone away. You were nobody, at least that's what you think. You were born alone and you used to be alone.

When you were still in orphanage, everyone's was having fun but you. When the other kids try to play with you, you'll push them away or run away from them.

You were scared of them. Not sure about the reasons why but people scaring you. You don't want to let them in because you know they wouldn't stay.

"It feels better when I'm alone." that's your only answer everytime your teacher try to reach you.

And you survive, until you finished high school. You make money by selling your drawing and even though it's not that big amount of money, you're happy.

Weird.

You still remember it, exactly on last year Christmas. Never cross your mind that you'll sell your drawing for living until this tall man who has been observing you for awhile walk to you. His tall figure wrapped in long grey coat with black turtle neck inside and a fluffy brown scarf around his neck to keep him warm.

"I love your drawing. How much does it cost if I want to bring it back home."

His sentence caught you off guard because no one ever appreciate the way you draw. Or maybe it's just you who never show them.

"I-I'm not sure. I never sell any of my drawings before. I think you can bring it back home. It's a gift."

"You're being so nice but I can't do that. Art is so expensive but since you can't mention a price. I hope you wouldn't mind that I gave you what I found in my pocket. I didn't bring my wallet with me because I'm careless, so don't give your hopes high." He jokes and for the first time in your 20 years, you smile, genuinely.

Looked around the town, the Christmas vibe is here once again. For most of people but you. It's just going to be another day to draw or maybe another day to sleep.

You were currently sitting on the bench in the park, ready to rip away the current paper from your drawing book in because it was such a mess but before you manage to tear it up, a figure hover over you. Then with his friendly gesture he stopped your hand gently.

"Don't ruin the masterpiece." The unfamiliar man said with a warm smile, revealing his deep dimple.

Beautiful.

Don't know what to do with this stranger and this familiar feelings, you turn around and leaving the scene as fast as you can. When you thought you're away from him, you slow down and inhales the cold breeze while closing your eyes.

How surprised you are when you found him right in front of your face after you open your eyes.

"What do you want?!" For the first time in awhile, you let out a question to a stranger.

"I wanted to give you this." He hand a big brown envelope to you but you eyeing it suspiciously. Since you didn't react, he keep pushing it to you and insist you to open it.

It's a Winter Art Exhibition ticket entry.

"I think you dropped something. This must be fell down when you ran away earlier." He whisper softly as you stare at the ticket unbelievably.

There's no way you own this ticket. You knew it.

"No. This isn't mine. Go find the owner yourself or if it's bothering you, just throw it away." you answer coldly and about to leave again before his voice stopped you.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. Give yourself a chance for love."

"L-Love? What are you talking about? You don't even know me like I don't even know you." Scoffing awkwardly, you almost throw the envelope away but he hold your wrist, gently.

Warm. He's warm.

"You are Love, Gyeoul." As if his sentence hypnotized you, he continue softly while still holding your wrist. "Don't say that you don't know about love because when we met last year, when you smile, I know that you clearly do. You were scared to let them in just because you were scared that they'll leave you all alone again. You were confused by yourself because you weren't sure what love feels like. This is love." He added pointing right on your chest.

"And I'm Namjoon."

Namjoon?

"Even though you think there's no love anymore in this world, I'm here to remind you. That you are the love. After you understand what I mean, I believe, you'll find the love, in yourself and people around you."

"Happy Holiday, Gyeoul."