monologue: trying your best

him as your workaholic boyfriend

Yeah it's okay to cry. When you're happy, you're sad. If you are sad, let's ride a bicycle.

After that, his voice humming the na-na-na-na filling my ears. Just like his suggestion, I'm riding a bicycle right now. Am I feeling happy or sad? I don't know. Sometime it's just felt so lonely when you're alone. Too numb to decide if you want to be happy or sad.

"Oh he's so lucky to have her."

"Aw, she's so lucky to have him."

Who are you to judge?

'They're lucky to have each other' sounds way better for both sides.

Sighing, I inhale the autumn's breeze deeply, it's his season. It's his birthday soon. My boyfriend, Kim Namjoon. A smile appears on my face at the thought of him. This year too I wonder if he would remember about his birthday. He's a very clumsy and careless one. He works a lot that sometime he forgot about himself and of course, me. His girlfriend.

But have I complained about it? Yes.

But did I still complain about it? No.

It was once become a discussion topic for us but we've passed through it. It's his nature to do what he loves and I admire him for that. I learn to be a better girlfriend day by day but sometime I feel a little sad. I'm a human too. Sometime I want to be selfish for some hours.

I texted him earlier, asking if he has some free time tonight because I want to spend time with him. It's his birthday tomorrow and just like what I expected, he said he couldn't make it. He has some work in his company. So here I am, riding a bicycle. Maybe I'm a little sad, but I'm happy too.

Why? Because I know he's been trying his best to show me that he loves me. I never doubt about his love even when he's such a workaholic boyfriend. He might be not the best for showing affection and making time for me, but he's trying his best for us and that's enough.

Relationship didn't work one way. It works two ways. You need to work it out together with your partner. Communication without trust is useless and so vice-versa. Me and Namjoon could work it out for years because we communicate and trust each other so much. He understands my bubbly and clingy nature and I understand his clumsy and workaholic nature. We might be not compatible for each other but we complete each other.

Just like what happened now, he left me on seen in our last text then by his clumsy nature, he mistaken me as his Jin's hyung, again.