Black Magic Moonstone

Merhaba hoşgeldin, Erkenci Kus lovers. It's storytime. Time to head to where this story was always destined to go, The Galapagos! What a crazy rollercoaster ride it has been to get here.  Do you think it will be any less of a wild ride now that we are on the way? Well, hop on, buckle up and keep your hands and feet inside the ride. Call your hairdresser, because I promise...you are going to need them. (Note, if you follow my fanfiction, you will recognize BLACK MAGIC MOON as a stand-alone story. The magic of the Moonstone stories are my favorite.

BLACK MAGIC MOONSTONE ©

Can and Sanem sit in the First Class cabin on their flight to the U.S., headed for New York City. Several hours of the flight time have already passed. Can has been watching Sanem closely and can see she is growing more and more uneasy. He can see her wheels spinning and worry beginning to show on her face. He wraps his left arm around Sanem, pulls her close against his side, slipping his fingers into her hair, and gently holds her cheek with the palm of his hand. Without saying a word, he speaks with his eyes, the intensity of his gaze blazing deeply into hers.

His look changes into one of arousal as he closes the space between them. He takes her lips with his own to kiss her sweet and slow, then with a building passion that has a language of its own. The kiss lasts a long time, and finally, Sanem relaxes in his embrace, sighing into his mouth, relishing his kiss. She can feel Can's smile on her lips as he thoroughly enjoys kissing her one more time, then ends with a loud, wet pop, and he caresses his thumb across her lips.

"I know you are worried. It seems this is a cycle we repeat over and over. You have chosen to try and break the cycle by going to the Galapagos on your own." He speaks with such confidence, so wise and sophisticated, so worldly! So much like the Can Divit, famous photographer, world adventurer that she met in the beginning. He had seemed so unreachable then, as untouchable as the stars.

"I'm terrified, Can." He feels her tremble in his arms, and her eyes glisten with unshed tears.  "We keep making the same promises and mistakes. The last time I almost lost myself. I am afraid I might lose myself for good if this blows up again. You promise never to leave me, always to hold my hand, and never let me go. You say that I can tell you anything and everything. You say you will always listen that we will work through everything together. But every mistake I make, Can, it all goes up in smoke. I won't survive that again. I don't think I can live with the fear of making that next mistake."

Sanam begins to shake her head and pull away. Can stays calm and pulls her back to him, holding her gently but firmly against him. "Ahhhh, Sanem," he says. He pauses and takes several deep breaths, still holding her head trapped against his shoulder. She looks around, rolling her eyes, not able to move her head. She feels a little silly being held against Can so tightly. Finally, after several minutes of quiet thinking, Can speaks again.

"Meleğim (my angel), I cannot speak to the grievances I have caused you in the past. But I will find a way to mend them all, regardless of whether I am ever able to remember them or not. What I do know for certain is that I love you, and we are continually pulled together by an unforeseen force, against all obstacles that try to keep us apart. I believe in destiny, and fate knows better than we do. Destiny and fate have not given up, so let us not give up either. Let's not give up in fear, but let love win.

As Sanem starts to interrupt, Can gently smiles and places a finger on her lips to silence her words. "Listen, please! What I can do to help give you peace is this... I cannot run without this." Can lifts his backpack from under his seat. "Everything I need to go anywhere is in this bag. I cannot go anywhere without its contents. I will give it to you for your assurance and peace of mind. You will know that there is no way I can lose my mind and run."