He pulled the car over to the side and dialed Guo Baiyu’s number. His eyes fell on Yi Ran’s face, even as the dial tone sounded for a long time. Finally, it connected. 

Gu Tingchuan waited for a few seconds, listening to the vague conversation between the man and woman.

"Who's calling?" 

“Give it back to me….Hao, let’s do this some other day.”

The weak female voice struggled and asked for help. Before Gu Tingchuan had time to speak, the other party had already hung up abruptly. 

The car was quiet for a while. Even Yi Ran could tell that something was wrong. “What happened?”

He was still indifferent, apparently accustomed to the many rules in the circle. He was not willing to mix too much. 

"Maybe it was just overthinking on my part." 

Yi Ran frowned. She felt that she probably watched too much news, or was too concerned about what she had seen. “Isn’t it better to confirm?”

Even if Guo Baiyu was her "love rival", she didn’t want the other party to encounter anything unexpected. 

In order to appease his wife, Gu Tingchuan simply called Xiao Zhao and asked him to contact Guo Baiyu's assistant within five minutes and report to him afterward.

As soon as Yi Ran heard this, she noticed that someone was waving his hand by the window. After Gu Tingchuan pressed down the window, the man smiled and said, "Director Gu, good evening. Good to see you. I noticed that the car came over. Are there any customers coming? " 

The man in the black suit was obviously the manager. When he looked at Yi Ran in the front passenger seat, he froze slightly. 

Gu Tingchuan didn't give much of an explanation and only calmly said, "There is no arrangement tonight. Maybe I will go up to find a 'friend'." 

The hotel manager bowed to them humbly and silently walked away. 

Yi Ran stared oddly after the man. She purposefully pretended to make her voice sound cold. “It seems that you often come to this hotel.”

Gu Tingchuan stared down at the entrance way not far from the car window, his eyes bright and indifferent. But the corner of his mouth hooked up. "Well, sometimes my business associates will arrange to stay here. " 

She whistled. “That’s nice. I haven’t stayed here before.”

He immediately said, " I know. " 

Yi Ren smiled and was about to ask what Gu Tingchuan knew when Xiao Zhao’s phone call came in. He picked up the phone and talked a few words. Then, he silently hung up and looked at her.

"Guo Baiyu had dinner with Hao Zhenlei tonight, and then she got dragged in. Her assistant was looking for contacts everywhere to settle the matter. It seems that I have to solve it. " 

Gu Tingchuan got out and thought about telling her to wait in the car. But then, he thought that she might get cranky so he decided to just let her come along.

After asking the manager, they learned what floor Guo Baiyu was on. 

A moment later, they were on the elevator, which opened up to a hallway with gorgeous carpets. Gu Tingchuan placed one long finger on his lips to signal that she should not speak. He calmly looked around the corner and discovered that the two bodyguards were standing outside the hotel room door.