“What are you doing?” She giggled when I scooped her into my arms and began to walk further towards the limo, my dress shoes becoming splattered with dirt and mud.

            “I don’t want your shoes to get dirty.” I said quietly. “You’re too beautiful for that.”

            She laughed harder than she did before and kissed my cheek, all sense of feeling leaving my body. I think my knees might have buckled a little but when I reached the limo, I ignored it and placed her gently inside, watching her scoot over before I slid in beside her. We haven’t been in a limo together since the night of the club and I know what happened then wasn’t going to happen now. I don’t think she’ll be drinking again for a very long time.

            “So where are we going?” She asked, scooting closer to me than I intended her to. “You never told me.”

            “And why would I do that? It’s a surprise Soph.”

            All I got in response to that was a roll of her eyes before she reached over to interlock our fingers together once more. God, it never failed to amaze me how by just one touch she could make my heart pick up speed.

            As the lights whizzed by us from the city we sat together in silence for a little until she finally let out a sigh and rested her head on her shoulder. I acted on instinct and rested mine on top of her head, my thumb going in circles around her palm. The both of us weren’t saying anything but I could almost guarantee we were thinking about the same thing. The goodbye.

            “We could still be a power couple you know…” She trailed off. “Eventually.”

            “You just say the word and we can be. It’s in your hands.”

            “I know.” Was the only thing she said after that.

--------- 

             The restaurant I privately booked for us two years ago stared back at us after I helped her out of the limo. She didn’t know what to say but she should have expected it. I loved this place because not only was it a good night before Jace met up with us here, but it was one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen. The rooftop that overlooked the city was breathtaking just like she was and as soon as the door at the top of the stairs opened, the same gasp I remember her doing before came out and I couldn’t help but smile.

             They’ve updated it since we were last here. Now they had a bunch of tall bushes and plants with little fairy lights wrapped around them, almost making it look like a garden. They installed a waterfall fountain too and just beside that was our table with a candle lit just in the middle. It was even better than I imagined it to be and for our last night, I can only hope she will enjoy it like she did the last time before the whole helicopter and Jace incident.

            “I love it here.” She breathed out, her eyes scanning the city. “It’s so beautiful.”

            “Not as beautiful as you though.”

            Grasping her by the wrist, I spun her around to face me and wrapped my arms around her waist so I could pull her closer to me. Her smell clogged my nose but in such a good way. She smelled like pure vanilla mixed with Chanel. Something I’d never get tired of.

            “You’re such a gentleman.” She whispered. “The last thing I want to do is say goodbye to you tonight Justin and I know it’s only been two days since we’ve started talking again but I just can’t-“