Chapter 5

There was a long pause of silence, everything still between the two of you. The fire blazing around you seemed to daze and slow at the tension, the screams and pleads drowning from each of your ears.
Time itself seemed taken back by the atmosphere grabbing and clawing at it's throat, suffocating it.
You thundering beat of your chilled heart filled your ears, your blood rushing with adrenaline,  your eyes dazed by the instinct of your very being.
A low, drawing buzz filled your mind, your limbs static in their own placing as your vision redened beyond recognition.
The sudden lunge of black shadows snapped your mussels into attention. Your clawed hands slammed into the ground, your tail giving a quick thrash from side to side as your throat unhinged in a throatly buzz. A buffering raur left your thoat gravelly, viberating through your chest.
You threw yourself at the closest shadow, your claws peeling it from its forever state of molded 2D.
The shadows almost seemed to be absorbed into your being, sucked up from the retreating ground.
Your eye focused back on the prize, stalking your way closer, the shadows moving allong your scaled skin, gripping at the pavement and pulling you back. Fuck them.
With a click of your tail you sent the shadows flying back to their damp crevices, freeing yourself of the annoyance.
The red demon's eye twitched and raised his staff, stiffly jerking his arm so that it pointed at you in a sudden snap of air. The large tendrils originally causing havoc to your land now lunged at you at full force, one slamming into your side and sending you flying into a building.
You peeled yourself away from your mold in the brick wall rather quickly, flopping onto the ground, only to have another tendril from above beat you into the earth with ease.
The air filled with cackling lauphter, the radio demon shaking his head in aproval of his squished competitor. At least he got a good fight.
He turned around, only to find your being burst from the liquified pavement as if it were water.
With a quick side step he dodged your attack, his eyes narrowing in both amusement and annoyance. How dare a battered mortal attempt to attack him.
Your lashing tail was hopped over with ease, aswell as your swinging claws being blocked by his staff, only driving your anger.
You could make it out of his attacks, but couldnt seem to lay a hit on him. Atleast you had him on defense, thats progress.
The venison prize buffered and his being glitched, bursting into confetti as you almost grabbed him.
The moment he disappeared, he reapeared behind you, his antlers growing and figure lengthening, his eyes dials. Small red figures of dark blooded meaning drifted around him as his smile turned up in wicked lauphter.
Large black spikes emerged from the earth, shooting into the sky, scrapping it as they bent and buffered, some managing to impale you. However, they slowly melted away at your screach, the shadish monstrosity retracting with a hiss.
You were bleeding, heavily at that. Black sludge gushed from your wounds with the consistency of cottage cheese. The clotted, sickeningly bitter liquid seemed to have no source, pooling at the ground, burning through it like acid.
The venison demon infrount of you seemed on the verge of snapping out of existence at the look of anger and pure hatered that spread across his face as he backed you into his wall of thickening shadows.
Your adrenaline was diminishing, the pain and ache of your wounds slowly taking its toll on you, however your low buzzing hisses didnt go unnoticed.
You really didnt know when to stop did you?
The deliberate steps of the demon quickened, his static growing with the jerks and cracks of his neck.
Well, your fucked. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
You sunk into the wall of shadows, finding that they relaxed and extinguished at your touch, slinking away contently.
With one final hiss, you took off through the shadows, the wall disintegrating as you break through, sprinting away from the beast.
.
Your breath labors as you take jagged turns, dodging cars as you book it into diffrent streets, running as far as you can.
Eventually, you burst through the doors of a random building, not sencing any threats. You slam the door behind you, gripping at your wounds with low hisses and groans.
Your panting didnt seem to want to calm, your vision darkening around the edges as you desperately crawled across the floor, dragging your limp tail.
You could only make it about halfway down the seemingly forever lengenthing hallway before your arms gave out on you, your body going limp. The last thing that you see is the faint outline of a female figure running towards you, then black.
Soothing darkness, comforting silence of thoughts and worry drifting across your consciousness until its gone.

《Word count- 829》

{12/21/19}