Chapter 4

You've been in hell for at least 2 weeks now, getting used to your territory and even reinforcing your place in this hierarchy with a tasty snack each time you leave the safety of your base.
Speaking of your base, its a simple little thing, just something your put together yourself.
You built it into the small hill that raised a large tree, the roots of which are the main support beams of your home. You used your two fingured, clawed hands to dig out a large, underground area underneath the tree. Lining the walls with strategically placed stones, held together by the spider like silk you can produce from your longe tounge.
The floor was lined with bricks you scavenged from an old, half destroyed building in town.
And finally, your bed. Your bed was basically a hammock made of your silk, except lined with the brushed out furr from some of your furred prey.
It wasn't much, but you loved it, it was your home.
Right now of course, you are at the edge of the treeline, hanging upsidedown from your tail on a branch, watching the monsters of the city struggle.
You slowly relaxed, the mist of your eyes fading in and out, much like blinking, before slowly fadding out fully.
You fell from the tree, a sudden explosion threatened to utterly destroy your eardrums as you fell headfirst to the ground with a thud and groan.
Seems like your floating trick only wanted to save you when your life is at stake. What an ass.
You rubbed your skull as you looked around, slowly floating off the ground as usual.
Your eye was drawn to another explosion and crash, several buildings falling in a domino effect. Large black tendrils lashed at buildings and people, reaking complete chaos on YOUR turf.
You jump into action, flicking your tail violently as your soar above the ground. One you get close enouph, you slam your tail into the ground, using it as leverage to throw yourself half way up the side of a building. You dug your claws into the bricks, using your arm strength as leverage, forcing your floating body up the vertical wall with little effort.
You pulled yourself up to the top with a little more force than needed, nearly throwing yourself off the opposite edge of the building.
You steadied yourself and allowed your eagle eye to search the scattering crowds and destruction for the threat.
You caught sight of a slim figure standing in the middle of the main road, his posture tight and full of power, a hand raised, controling the many tendrils that continued their assult.
His face was split in a large smile filled with sharp, yellow teeth. He wore a red pin-stripe tailed suit with a white button up and red stitched, black bow tie. His pants were deeper red in color, but pin-stipe aswell, and his shoes were a deep, well kept black leather.
His hair was quite... interesting. The edges of his hair were well cut into a bob, larger tuffs of hair sticking up atop his head as ears, the tips of witch black. Inbetween his ears are little black deer horns... a deer demon huh? Never tried Vinson before, heard its good though.
Your thought process was interupted when a tendril slapped against the building, breaking through half of it and making it topple.
You were quick to react, lunging at the thing and slicing through a portion of it with your claws as you fell.
There was a loud, static screatch, not to much diffrent from nails on a chalk board. The tendril flailed, the cut off section dangling and flopping like a ragdoll, only being held onto by a layer of slime like flesh.
Bitter tasting black blood sprayed from the limb and onto bystanders who ran for cover as the skin of the beast snapped, allowing the severed chunk to fall to the ground, turning into a wriggling mess of puddy.
You could feel eyes burning into the back of your skull as you stared proudly at your work, the wounded tendril returning into the portal like hole in the ground infrount of the new threat.
You slowly turned your body to stare at the sack of rich, red venison..... Deer lord your in the middle of a battle and all you can think about is food. ((>:3))
Though the smile was still pasted across his features, it held a more agressive, maybe even entertained look to it as his eyes flicked between radio dials and normal.
You turned your neck one way, then the other, loud cracks emitting from your joints as you prepared for the battle that would prove your tittle, save your home, and keep you fed.

This is gonna be fun~

《Word count- 806》

{12/17/19}