7. BETTER THAN 'UNREQUITED LOVE'

Start from the beginning

He chuckles and kisses my head after giving me a tight hug.

"What's got my baby all happy today?" mom asked handing me a glass of orange juice.

"I'm going out with Nick. He said it's a date." I mumble shyly.

"Aw, that's so sweet. Ronan, take notes." mom teases dad.

"Isa, baby, I took you out just yesterday night." dad rolls his eyes.

"Well, it's not my fault that I can't get enough of the time we spend together." she smiles looking up at him.

Dad grins goofily at her and places a chaste kiss on the side of her head.

"I wish I get a love story like you." I say placing my now empty glass on the counter.

Mom smiles softly and replies, "Something tells me that it's gonna be better."

Dad nods in response and begins to dry out the dishes. The twins comes running to me, both of them latching to my legs and I pick them up and run out to the garden.

"My babies." I coo peppering kisses on their faces.

They giggle now sitting in my lap and start playing with their clay. Mom and dad come to sit on the chairs and we talk for almost an hour about their jobs and my school.

"NICK!" the twins shout in unison and hop off my lap.

I crane my neck to see him bending on his knees as he sees Nate and Noah running towards him.

He picks them with ease and spins them both around earning loud shrieks and laughs from both of them.

Kissing their cheeks, he places them back on the ground and they run to me again.

"Good afternoon, Savannah. Adam." he greets them with small smiles and brief hugs.

"You're taking my daughter out today?" dad asks.

"Yes, if you allow that is." he replies smoothly.

"And if I don't?" dad retorts.

"Then I'll ask over and over until you agree." he answers politely.

A small smile breaks out on dad's face as he pats Nick's shoulder and nods his head towards me.

His gaze travels to me and a shiver runs down my spine as his eyes takes me in, what seems to be, appreciation.

I walk timidly towards him and he instantly wraps his arm around my waist.

"Hi." he whispers looking down at me.

"Hi." I whisper back with a small smile.

His midnight blues are swirling with all sorts of positive emotions and I blush before looking away.

"I'll bring her back in the evening." he says and we leave together.

"You look gorgeous, bambi." he compliments.

"Thank you. You cleaned up pretty well, too." I reply looking at his white tee and blue chinos paired with white converse.

He chuckles mumbling something under his breath and I frown in return.

"I said, you'll be the death of me." he tells sensing my confusion and opens the door for me.

I sit and buckle my seat belt as he comes to settle in his seat and ignites the engine.

"Are you really not going to tell me?" I ask in hopes of finding out where he's taking me.

He shakes his head and drums his finger on the steering wheel with a smug smirk.