We arrive at work together this morning, and the second we walk in Kassie has a cheeky grin on her face. 

"Morning." Easton grins as he walks past her through the bar to reach the office. 

"Morning." She smiles back and then stands in front of me so I can't follow him

"You two totally did it." She beams 

"We didn't," I tell her truthfully 

"Aubrey, It's written all over both of your faces, especially his, he has that satisfied look on his face and you have that glow." 

"We didn't have sex, but I may have given him a nice wake-up call this morning and he may have sent me to sleep satisfied." I smile, a blush creeping onto my cheeks 

"Aubrey Black you little minx." She laughs 

"What, I was just helping out a friend." I shrug with a grin 

"Okay, you're not the Aubrey I met a few weeks ago." She laughs 

"Aubrey." Easton yells and sticks his head around the corner "Are you planning to work today or stand around talking?" 

"I'm coming," I yell back, and he disappears into the office 

"Or at least you will be once you get in that office." Kassie winks 

Giggling I make my way into the office. "Yes Easton?" I question placing my hands on my hips 

"Can you help me with this paperwork?" 

He was serious, he wasn't playful, he wasn't joking around, he was serious. I make my way over and pick up the paperwork reading over it. He seems tense all of a sudden and he keeps checking his phone, text message after text message rolling in. 

"Everything okay?" I question looking down at him

"Yeah, uh, no." He admits "I have to go, there is an issue at the shipping docks and I need to take care of it." 

"Do you want me to come with you?" 

"No, stay here and do what needs to be done." He snaps

"Okay." I nod softly and take a step back out of his way 

He stands up and grabs my face in his hands. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap, just stay here okay and keep the doors locked at all times." 

"Okay." I nod once more 

He kisses my lips softly and then drops my face and exits the room. On his way out I watch as he whispers something to Kassie and she nods her head. 

"Whats was that about?" I question Kassie 

"Oh, nothing, something about the other business he runs." She shrugs and goes back to drying glasses.

I can't help but feel like there is more to the story than what the two of them are telling me, but for now, I'll take their word for it and try and get on with my day.

It's around 3 PM when I wrap everything up in the office, and by this time everyone working on night shift has arrived. I check my phone but just as the last twenty times I've checked it today, nothing. 

Hey East, I'm finishing up for the day, everything is done. I hope you're okay, let me know if you need anything. I hit send.

I make my way out into the bar area. "I'm going to head home for the day, but call me if you need any extra help," I tell the girls who are working tonight. 

"Will do." 

I make my way down the street and to the closest bus stop. I can't wait for Zay and Reid to check out my car on the weekend and get it fixed until I've saved up enough for a new one. 

I take a seat on the large wooden bench, glad it's covered by a shelter as it's a hot day today and I'd melt sitting in the beating sun.

I look back down at my phone once again, no response. A car pulls up alongside the bus stop and the window rolls down. 

"Get in the car." 

I look up to find an extremely pissed off looking Easton and I stand up making my way over, opening the door and getting in. I pull my seatbelt on and pulls off the sidewalk at a high speed. 

"What fucking part of stay and keep the doors locked don't you understand Aubrey?"

"I didn't know you meant all day, jeez my shift was over I wanted to go home, what's wrong with you?" 

"You Aubrey, you are what's wrong me, I'm so sick of worrying about you all the time, and making sure you're safe." 

"Safe from what?" 

"From everything." He yells "There are bad people out there Aubrey." 

"Easton, please calm down." I place my head on his forearm 

He pulls away. "Don't fucking touch me." He snaps "I don't have time for your caring bullshit."

My eyes widen slightly and I move back. 

The rest of the drive is in silence and soon we arrive at my house. I open the car door and turn my back ready to step out. 

"Aubrey." He says, no longer yelling but still filled with anger "Don't come near me again, not at home, not at work, not at all, understand?" 

I close my eyes for a moment and gather my thoughts, then turn to him. "Why are you acting like such a jerk?" I question "I'm sorry you had a bad day, but yelling at me isn't going to solve anything, maybe if we just talk about you'll-"

"Oh for fuck sake." he huffs cutting me off "Look Aubrey you're wonderful at giving head, but so is every other woman out there, trust me I'd know. But I'm not interested okay? I'm not your prince charming and we're not going to fall madly in love and get married and raise a family. You're clingy and annoying and frankly, not that pretty and I'm interested in you nor will I ever be."

"You're a real asshole, Easton." I shake my head softly "You know you may think you're better than me because you're good looking and rich and can have anything you want whenever you want it, but at least I have a heart, and I'd choose that over being pretty any day." I step out and make my way up the stairs.