LIX- don't look back

"(Y/n)! Dinner!" Lawrence called up the stairs.

Aaron looked at Danny inquisitively, as if to ask if he went through with it. His son nodded shamefully, Danny hated the somewhat proud smile Aaron gave him.

He felt disgusting. This wasn't how their first time was supposed to be. She would've accepted him at some point, she must have. This seemed like it would slow things if anything.

When (Y/n) walked into the dining room she was noticibly withdrawn, keeping her eyes to the floor to avoid eye contact with Danny. She favoured her right leg even more than usual though both seemed to shake violently.

"Are you alright?" Lawrence asked and helped her to sit down.

She slowly nodded, she couldn't raise too much suspicion if she wanted to make it out that night.

Riley anylysed (Y/n)'s behaviour and took the seat next to her.

Riley subtly whispered a question to her. "Did Danny-"

"Yes." (Y/n) gave a curt answer.

Riley glanced at her son who had done the courtesy of sitting as far from (Y/n) as possible. He looked guilty, the same expression he had as a child when he'd break a plate but this was to the tenth degree.

Everyone served themselves some of the casserole, Carlisle served (Y/n) as she made no moves to do it herself.

"So... How are things with you two back home?" Lawrence asked, trying to opt for a more mellow subject for the conversation that may help (Y/n) to calm down.

"It's quiet as always." Aaron shrugged. "We're thinking of going back to Port Coald soon though."

"Why's that?" Carlisle joined the conversation.

"Riley loves it there and it's a nice little place. Police are a little more incompetent too which always helps, right Danny?"

Both Danny and (Y/n) physically jolted at the sound of his name. The memory of just a few hours before when (Y/n) was screaming at him to stop played at his mind.

"Ha, yeah.." He added half heartedly.

Danny tapped his fingers on the table. Every now and again throughout the meal, Riely would shoot him a look. He could tell that she knew and she wasn't happy about it. The memory of what she had told him consumed his thoughts:

"Don't listen to him, okay? If she's asking you to stop and you don't stop... then... then I'm not your mother anymore. I'll stop loving you." Riley said with a shaking lip.

"But dad said-"

"I know what he said, but you need to listen to ME. Got it? She'll hate you if you do that... she'll hate you forever."

Danny tried to excuse his actions by telling himself that Aaron was right and it was all for the greater good.

He knew he was wrong.

He knew he was terrible.

(Y/n) would hate him if she didn't already and he couldn't blame her.

Night was soon to fall and (Y/n) couldn't sleep. She was going to break out, leave this place and never return.

Riley was right. She couldn't spend too much time plotting and all the while rotting away. All it took was one calculated move.

"You'll need these."

(Y/n) saw Sasha gesturing to one of her drawers, the one where the car keys were hidden. She gladly pulled it open and rifled through her clothes until she found them.