XXXIII- purpose

(Y/n) tried to shift in Carlisle's lap to get more comfortable, but the firm grip he had on her prevented her from doing so.

"I don't see why I don't just sit in the seat next to you." She remarked, looking enviously at the open spot.

He didn't respond with words so much as he just hugged her more tightly to him. The carriage they were in was next to empty barring a man that had long fallen asleep on the opposite side.

(Y/n) was practically counting down the minutes till it was over but it seemed to be going dreadfully slowly and they'd only been on there an hour.

The situation wasn't helped by Danny or Lawrence who she'd catch staring at her all too often.

It was one of those times when (Y/n) could feel Lawrence's eyes burning into her and this time she wasn't the only one to notice.

Carlsile cockily moved his smirking lips against her ear. "Do you want to make him jealous?" He whispered, loud enough for both Danny and Lawrence to hear.

"Do you want to shut the fuck up?" (Y/n) hushed back, provoking a small laugh out of Carlisle.

"We said you could have her in your lap, nothing more." Lawrence stated.

"I wasn't doing anything!" Carlisle said innocently.

"Just let me sit like a normal person, please." (Y/n) cut in with a groan.

"(Y/n)-" Danny warned. Before boarding the train, they made it a point to let her know that if she causes a scene of any kind then everyone on the damned thing was getting shot.

"I am so uncomfortable at this point, I honestly don't care." She sighed.

Carlisle didn't let her go but did adjust her to lean against him. "Is that better?"

(Y/n) half nodded, her pride far gone at this point.

They continued down the track in mostly silence for some time. About fifteen minutes after their interaction, (Y/n) could feel what was like a dark shroud over her mind.

She wasn't sure if it was the side effects of whatever they'd given her or her own mental issues but she tried to ignore it for as long as possible.

This became significantly harder when the fuzz turned into a shooting pain. She winced as it came, alerting Danny of something being wrong.

"Are you okay??" He jumped in.

"Headache..." She grumbled, it wasn't the worst she'd had but it was still annoying as fuck and made it difficult to stay focused.

"I have some water." Lawrence quickly pulled a water bottle seemingly out of thin air and held it out to her.

(Y/n) wasn't keen to accept anything from them, despite their quell about her not getting hurt.

"It's fine."

"I'm being serious. Drink it." Lawrence shook the bottle in front of her.

"Just drink it, it'll make him shut up." Carlisle joked.

"I don't know- know what's in there." (Y/n) was surprised she made it the whole way through a sentance.

"See! This is what happens when you drug her, she thinks everything is drugged." Lawrence shook his head in disbelief. He unscrewed the bottle and took a large gulp. "There. Happy?"

"Well, now I just don't want your germs..." (Y/n) said quietly.

"Drink."

"Fuck you." (Y/n) grabbed onto her head as the ache persisted. "I need a smoke."

"No, you don't." Carlisle fished the nicotine gum from his pocket. "This any good?"

She wordlessly took it. It wasn't close to the real thing but would just have to do.

"I'm sorry, you smoke? Since when?" Lawrence was still holding out the water bottle.

She began to chew on the gum, the pain still there but it gave her something else to focus on at least.

"Maybe getting some sleep will help." Danny suggested.

"Are we just ignoring me then?" Lawrence sighed and put the bottle down. "Did you both know about this?"

"I'm going to use the bathroom." (Y/n) tried to push herself away from Carlisle but wasn't successful until he actually let go.

"You know what happens if you-"

"Yeah, yeah, I just need to piss." She said dismissively and began to walk down the carriage.

She needed a game plan, but it was hard to think of anything at all while it felt like her brain was being burned.

(Y/n) could only imagine what a mess she looked, still wearing yesterday's clothes that she'd slept in, a eye bag or two dragging her down and constantly grimacing from the pain in her head.

She stumbled slightly walking down the carriage and grabbed onto one of the seats to balance herself.

"Sorry." She mumbled.

'God, I must look like I'm on crack.'

Before (Y/n) took any action she needed to be clear of what her kidnappers motivations were. So far they were unclear to say the least. They knew Alice so maybe she owed them money or something.

She wasn't about to rely on Alice for her survival, no, that would be a death wish like nothing else.

'Alice is unreliable, irritating, money hungry, selfish, self indulgent, cold, fake, lying, cheating, manipulating-'

"Alice." (Y/n) said in shock. There she was. On the train.

'Speak of the devil.'