LI- breakdown

It goes without saying that (Y/n) had more than a little trouble sleeping that night.

She woke up for about the sixth time at five in the morning and finally figured that it was a slightly respectable time to get up at.

The first thing she did was open the curtains. The sun was yet to rise and the sky was a deep cornflower blue, she hadn't looked at the sky in this way for awhile. She'd seen it of course when she was in the garden or just looking out of any window, but it had been a long time since she took a critical look at it.

The spare room she was in, unlike her room, was facing the street rather than the garden. It was almost taunting how she could see the road, the road that she and Ollie had walked down and been ambushed on, the road she'd have to travel if she ever wanted to leave.

Looking more, she could see the front garden of the mansion directly below her. The cheerful flowers and rich shrubbery were all a front, a disguise for what truly went on behind the front doors. It frustrated (Y/n) that they were always going to get away with it, she'd never really get revenge in a meaningful way. Even if she killed all three of them, they'd still haunt her.

Brushing off the thought, she went to the en-suite bathroom attached to clear her head some. (Y/n) gazed at her tired reflection, eyes puffy and red from crying.

'There's more of that to come.' She thought sadly.

"God, please don't start crying again."

A voice stunned her, she turned around and saw Ethan before her, nearly unrecognisable from the bruised and bloody state he was in.

"E-Ethan?" She said in a hushed tone. "W-wha-"

"Before you get your hopes up: I'm not alive." Ethan said.

"Are you-"

"I'm not a ghost either, I'm just... a figment of your imagination." He explained with a small smile.

"Shit." (Y/n) turned to look in the mirror and could still see the reflection of her hallucination. "I've finally lost it, haven't I?"

"It's just your brain's way of processing grief."

"I've experienced grief before- this has never happened." She was struggling to keep her voice low as she came to terms with the fact that she was going insane.

"Well, you're in a highly stressful situation. As well as that, have you really experienced a loss as big as this one?"

"Ouch."

A new voice introduced itself, along with a new apparition. It was Ollie. He also seemed roughed up, though less so than Ethan. But what stuck out to her about her old friend was the prominent stab wound in his neck.

Oh, she was going crazy crazy.

"I need a smoke." (Y/n) muttered to herself.

"Hey, we're in your head. Don't blame us. We're only saying what you're already thinking." Ollie pouted as he crossed his arms.

"Why are you doing this to me?" She grabbed her head, wanting to rip it out from her neck.

"(Y/n), babe, don't do that." Ethan said softly.

(Y/n) couldn't hold back her crying any longer. He wasn't real and yet she wanted to rush into his arms, but if she did that she'd run straight through and probably end up hitting a wall. It was quite grim that the reality was that she was just talking to herself.