XLI- thanks

a/n: Hello, lovely people!

I hope you're enjoying this book and I hate to interrupt but I've just published the first chapter for a new yandere book called 'My Type'.

It would mean the world to me if you could give it a read as it is something I've been working on for a while.

I'll let you read this chapter now, hope you enjoy!

-L.T. May

Days had passed and (Y/n) still wasn't quite used to lying about Rio. It didn't help that he was allowed to continued giving her affection as the others did and no matter how badly she wanted to return it she had to brush him off as if he were anyone else.

Rio wanted to see her outside of the group but never made a proposal, too scared of the high risk. One wrong move and he was dead.

The day of the gala had come and they were getting ready to go. (Y/n) was under strict instruction to stay with one of them at all times, not talk to anyone unsupervised and avoid giving her real name. They could only hope that none of her old classmates were in attendance but considering it was a fundraiser for the music department, they could safely assume that there wouldn't be any run-ins.

(Y/n) was putting on some fancy dress that was in storage. It used to be Carlotta's and she could barely fathom that she was wearing something once worn by her idol unbeknownst to her, she already had.

A light knock came at her door.

"One minute-" She called, struggling to wind her arm around to her back to pull up her zipper.

Carlisle walked in anyway, causing (Y/n) to exhale loudly. "Are you deaf? I said 'one minute'. I could have been indecent."

"What a pity that you're not." He smirked.

(Y/n) groaned, having little time for his bullshit. "What do you want? I'm trying to get ready for this stupid event."

"I just wanted to see you. You look lovely by the way." He walked closer to her. "Need help with the zipper?"

"No." She responded. "I've got it."

"Clearly." Carlisle remarked.

She grunted once more, twisting her arm to reach the zip. She managed to get it about half way up her back before progress was out of reach again.

Carlisle looked on at her pitiful attempt, bemused. "Sure you don't need help?"

"I'm sure. You can leave now."

"I think I'll stay," He leaned against the wall. "Just in case you change your mind."

"Suit yourself." (Y/n) muttered, trying at it again.

And again.

And again.

But this came to no avail.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me!" She cursed loudly.

"I can-"

"FINE! Just fucking zip me up." (Y/n) cried out in annoyance.

He swooped to stand behind her and gently touched the exposed area of her back, causing her to shiver.

"Would you just get on with it." She said with a hushed tone.

"I'm doing you a favor." Carlisle's mouth got dangerously close to her ear as he spoke.

"J-just pull the zipper up."

"God, I don't even have to see your face to know you're blushing right now." He laughed.

"Carlisle."

"Alright, alright." He zipped her up and spun her around by the shoulders to see her from the front. "You really are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen."

"Yeah, okay." (Y/n) said carelessly, over the top compliments like this, true or not, became empty when heard so often.

"I mean it."

"I know."

"Most modest too." He joked.

She allowed a slight smile on her face. "That's not what I meant."

"Now," He sighed, switching the subject. "How are you going to thank me?"

"Um, thank you?" (Y/n) knew he had some motive behind this but didn't want to come right out and say it.

"I'll need a bit more than that." His hand miraculously landed on her waist and pulled her to him. "A little kiss will do."

"Carlisle, I won't." (Y/n) wouldn't have done it before, but especially not now that Rio was there. It would be like infidelity.

"It's easy, let me show you." The image of his face getting closer to her's set off alarm bells in (Y/n)'s head. She put her hand out to push his face back.

"No. Please stop it."

"Don't be like that, sweetheart." He whined.

"Fuck off, will you?"

Carlisle's expression went from playful to dark in a matter of milliseconds. "Just kiss me."

"No, leave me alone." She tried to remove his arm rom her waist but this only made him increase his grip to that of a vice.

"You know you're really pissing me off, (Y/n). Stop denying me." He hissed.

(Y/n) was in utter shock at the hypocrisy. "You're pissed off at me for denying you a kiss of all things. Meanwhile, you're denying me my basic human rights. Surely I have more of a right to be pissed off."

"Whatever you say, but here's the difference between me and you. If you get pissed off, you get punished. If I get pissed off, you get punished. It's the same outcome, babe, so better to keep me happy and I'll do the same for you." He said with a sly smile that dropped as he added a final statement. "Now fucking kiss me."

With a trembling lip, (Y/n) brought herself up onto her tiptoes. She endlessly apologised to Rio in her head.

Before her lips could even reach Carlisle's, he already pushed them together with his free hand grabbing the back of her head.

The kiss began aggressively, but once Carlisle had let go of his irritation, he eased up a bit. (Y/n) stayed dead still during the whole thing, not fighting back, not kissing back, just pretending she was somewhere else.

He pulled away, satisfied with her thanks. "Wasn't that easy?"

"Can you leave now, Jonah- I mean- Carlisle." (Y/n) hadn't really confused their names, she just wanted to guilt trip him. He deserved it after all.

Carlisle shifted uncomfortably at the comparison, the name played at his conscience and deflated his confidence. "You know, I'd never go that far-"

"Can you just leave?"

"I- I don't want you to think I'm like him!" Carlisle twitched anxiously. "Look, I'm sorry."

"Make it up to me and get out." (Y/n) said sternly. Carlisle did so, mixed emotions within him. He wasn't sorry he kissed her, not at all, he was sorry she thought of Jonah. But in his head that was to no fault of his own.

(Y/n) allowed a tear to slide from her eye after he left that was quickly wiped away. She wanted Rio in that moment to hold her and tell her that it was all going to be okay and he was going to take her away from these men in good time.

But for now, she had to get ready for the gala. Though nothing could really prepare her for what was going to happen.