LVIII- sex and drugs

"So... is she pregnant yet?"

"Dad!" Danny shouted out in surprise. Lawrence laughed uncomfortably and Carlisle just looked out across the room pretending not to hear.

"That's how I got Riley to settle down." Aaron defended himself. "It's just an idea. From what I've heard from Danny, she's been a bit testy."

"She's seeing people who aren't there. She's sick." Carlisle stated. "She should be taking something to help her. You must have drugged Riley at some point, right? And she's fine."

"Carlisle, not now."

"You brought it up!"

"Well, if it's her mind that is sick then that's not necessarily a bad thing." Aaron contemplated.

"But I want her to be healthy. You always say to me to make sure that she's protected, loved, healthy and happy." Danny said in confusion. "Why would it be a good thing for her to be sick?"

"You don't want her to be psychotic or catatonic. But no one who's fully sane is ever going to fall in love with this situation, it's about eroding her down to the point where she's a weaker version of herself. She's still the woman you adore and she has to rely on you." The older man explained. "There's a science to this, you know?"

"I don't want her to be unhappy." Carlisle mumbled.

"She'll be sad for some time but she'll turn out happy in the end. She doesn't know what she wants yet. You need to ask yourself what is more important: her happiness or her being with you?" The answer was obviously the latter in all of their heads.

Danny looked at his father carefully. Why was Aaron giving all this advice to the Verilys? He was supposed to be helping him, his own son.

"Dad, can I have a minute alone with you?" Danny asked cheerfully, leading him away from the brothers.

Once they were out in the hall, Danny's expression dropped. "Why were you helping them? Don't you want (Y/n) to be mine?"

"Of course I do, son. But she needs to be in a vulnerable position before you can take her for yourself." Aaron said quietly, careful that the Verilys couldn't hear. "Now, go upstairs and tell Riley to come down and speak to me."

"What for?"

"I'm going to distract your mother and those two while you go and impregnate (Y/n)." Aaron said casually.

Danny took a step back. "I... don't want to... do that."

"But you're in love with her, surely you'd-"

"I mean I want to, but not if she doesn't." Danny elaborated.

"It's fine. It's for the greater good." Aaron dismissed him. "She'll thank you for it later."

Danny didn't want to throw his mother under the bus by telling his father that she didn't in fact appreciate him raping her.

"With (Y/n), I think it's a little different... you see... she got raped when she was younger so..." Danny trailed off, hoping Aaron would drop the subject.

"Why should that matter? You're her soulmate, the love of her life, it's a completely different situation."

"I know, I mean, I know that but she doesn't." He continued to try and convince his father.

"Then make her know it. Come on, Danny, I'm starting to think you don't really love her."

Danny almost stopped breathing. Hearing those words was hard. But hearing them from Aaron was even harder.

After (Y/n), his parents were the most important people in the world to him. Whenever (Y/n) doubted their love he could easily brush it off with her just being confused. But when it was his father, the most wise and level headed man he knew, it just killed him from the inside out.

"I'll go get you Riley."

"Dad needs to talk to you." Danny deadpanned.

"What about?" Riley tore her attention off of (Y/n) to address her son.

Danny just shrugged and watched his mother intently as she left the room. His heart was going at a mile a minute and he had a steadily growing pit at the bottom of his stomach.

His breathing was shaky as he looked at (Y/n). She was going to hate him, just like Riley said she would. Maybe Ollie had been right, maybe his mother did hate his father and maybe (Y/n) was destined to hate him too.

She narrowed her eyes at him as he didn't leave, he was just... staring at her. She suddenly felt shot with fear like she knew something terrible was coming.

"Are you going to go?" (Y/n) asked, her voice was almost a whisper.

Danny shook his head and walked closer to her. His breathing was uneven and shaky as he questioned if he could go through with this, it was something he'd been dreaming of for years now but he always imagined her being happy alongside him.

But he had to prove himself. He had to be the man that Aaron had been before him. Danny hated the fact that (Y/n) was going to be in pain because of this and what he hated even more was that he was probably going to enjoy it.

"Why are you still here?" She asked and he grew even closer.

Tears grew in his eyes and he looked down at her. "I'm really sorry. I'm so,, so sorry, (Y-y/n)." He spluttered. "Please don't- please don't h-hate me... p-please forgive me one day."

When he first started talking (Y/n) didn't really understand. Then his hands were on her and suddenly she understood.

"I- I just love you so much and I need to... I need to show you..."

Danny left as soon as they were done, muttering endless apologies as he had done the whole time. (Y/n) honestly wasn't sure who cried more out of the two of them. At times it even felt like she was forcing him with the way he sobbed.

There was no point in going to either of the Verilys, not while Aaron and Riley were here anyway. Any action taken against Danny would end in death by Aaron's hand.

"You haven't changed, have you?" Jonah sneered. "You're still just a whiny little bitch."

"Go away." She croaked.

"Are you gonna cry... again?"

(Y/n) didn't say anything to him. Her heart felt like I was physically breaking inside of her. Her whole world was crumbling apart around her and she was going to live in the wreckage.

Forever fragmented from who she used to be, making her way through the debris of her past life and clinging to any sanity that resided within her.

God forbid she ever go too comfortable and fell for one of them. No, she refused to ever reach that point.

She felt transported back to that awful time in her life, the entire fallout of what had happened. In a way it was worse than what had actually happened, it was like reliving it every single day. She thought she was over it, that she could be free when that knife went into Jonah's neck.

This time it was worse. Jonah tortured her for one weekend and then fucked off into oblivion and went to prison. Danny wasn't going anywhere. This time she had no justice, no hospital, no therapy, no medication and no Tommy.

All that she had was lost and in that moment (Y/n) promised herself she would she would leave that hell hole tonight and that it would be the last time she'd have to.