XX- opposing ideas

Warren looked at his sons sceptically. "You can't just leave."

"But-" Lawrence was fully prepared to get on his knees and beg to go to Port Coald, he needed to see (Y/n) even if it was unlikely they'd get any lead to her, it was more than they'd got over the past two years.

"Lawrence. Quiet." Warren looked at the younger man in disgust and then turned his gaze to his other son. "You have school."

"You left... And you had work." Carlisle brought up. "We won't be gone for very long."

"Well," Lawrence cut in. "We don't know how long we'll be gone for."

"Did I ask you to speak???" Warren stared Lawrence down into submission once more. "Honestly, if anything, I'll let you go just to get you out of the house."

"Yes, we promise it will be quick. A week maximum." Carlisle grinned, feeling himself close to convincing his father.

"I guess a break would do some good for both of your odd behaviour. You know that Ethan boy won't even look me in the eye, what happened there?"

The brothers shared a look and then shrugged simultaneously.

"Fine, whatever. Don't get into too much trouble." He said dismissively. "Carlisle, you know what to do is Lawrence gets on your nerves."

Rio bounced his leg up and down. He understood that he wasn't a perfect person and had made a fair few mistakes in the past, done some actions that would be questioned by the general public to say the least. But he wasn't a worse person than say...Danny, a literal murderer. Then why was the universe punishing him like this?

He needed to get in contact with Danny or Ollie for any hope of seeing (Y/n) again. But if it was Danny that he saw first then there's a good chance he won't make it out of their first interaction alive.

If by some divine intervention Danny doesn't kill him on site, Rio knew he was as good as dead if they ever did find (Y/n). It would become quickly apparent that she didn't remember Danny but miraculously did know Rio, and in a very different light than what was true.

And finally, if by the slightest chance, he gets Danny out of the way and finds (Y/n) without his help. She'll never come back to him with Jonah no longer a threat. Of course he could just take a less legal route again but he saw just how well that panned out. Endless escape attempts. A perpetual headache worrying about her. Infinate planning. Constantly having to do things he'd rather not do.

It was a last resort for Rio but first he had to make sure he was alive to reach any resort at all.

He was currently on a train headed for Port Coald. The rickety vehicle had just pulled into yet another station, one that Rio recognised far too well.

He sunk down into his seat, not wanting to be seen. He peaked out to see if anyone he knew was getting into the train.

His breath caught in his throat.

'Of course, of fucking course, the Verilys HAD to get on THIS train and in THIS carriage. For fuck's sake!'

Despite Rio's sorry attempt at concealing himself, he was spotted by the brothers close to immediately. They both darted to sit opposite him.

"Rio! I swear to God, I'm-"

"Shut up, idiot." Lawrence told Carlisle harshly but quietly, not wanting to draw over any attention.

Carlisle gave his younger brother a warning look and they looked over to Rio who was trying to remain composed.

"...I'm guessing you heard about Jonah." Rio said with more frailty than intended.

"Where's (Y/n)?!" Carlisle spat, leaning across the table that divided them.

"I wish I knew... Why do you think I'm going to the middle of nowhere?" Rio accompanied his statement with some fake laughter in an attempt to ease some of the tension.

Lawrence narrowed his eyes at the man ahead of him. "So, you just vanishing the night she was taken-"

"The night she left." Carlisle corrected to Lawrence's dismay.

"The night she was taken against her will was just a coincidence?" Lawrence completed.

Rio had to think quickly. "Well... You weren't letting me see her because of the whole... room thing, so I visited her early in the morning so no one else knew. That night when I went into her room she was gone and was nowhere to be found. Ollie had also left so I went out to find her and never could." He prayed his lie would suffice.

The brothers looked sceptical.

"If I actually had (Y/n), why would I be going to Port Coald?" Rio challenged.

"He has a point." The younger brother murmured.

"You're still a snake. And I still don't like you. Either of you." Carlisle folded his arms. "But we have the best shot of finding (Y/n) if we work together."

Lawrence nodded in agreement but Rio blinked in shock.

"W-what?! No, I don't think that's a good idea." He said nervously. "It didn't go great last time."

"It was your idea last time." Lawrence told him.

"That is... true. But none of us like or trust each other so..." Rio needed to get them off of his back and away from (Y/n)... wherever she was.

"I love (Y/n) more than I hate you." Carlisle stated. "You're with us or against us."

'Damn, he really likes using my own words against me.'

"That's sweet... How does this sound? I know where Danny is, and I'll bet he's the one who killed Jonah. I'll get you guys to him and then we go our separate ways?" Rio fidgeted with his fingers in anticipation of their answer.

"Fine. But if you're not working with us then that gives us no reason not to get you out of the way." Lawrence said with a calm yet sinister voice.

"Get me out of the way in what sense?" Rio already knew the answer but just wanted to have his doom justified.

"Don't play dumb."

"Fine! I'll help you!" Rio exclaimed, exasperated for the rest of the silent train journey.

'I am unbelievably fucked. Jesus Christ.'