L- no

Carlisle saw red as the sight of Ethan and (Y/n) kissing each other entered his vision.

He had gone to her room because he was having trouble sleeping as usual and figured he'd make things fair between him and Lawrence by spending a night in (Y/n)'s room. This wasn't what he was expecting.

His pure fury stunted his movements for all of a second before he had dragged Ethan to the floor by his collar. A thud resonated around the room along with a cry of surprise from (Y/n) which was sure to alert Danny and Lawrence if Ethan hitting the ground didn't already.

"Get the fuck away from her." Carlisle managed to keep his voice surprisingly steady but there were far darker undertones. His twitching hands didn't help paint a picture of peak sanity.

"Carlisle, it's not what you-"

"I'll deal with you later." Carlisle completely dismissed what (Y/n) had to say, he was far more focused on Ethan who tried to get himself up but a kick to the stomach kept him down.

"Don't hurt him!"

"What the hell is going on?" Lawrence asked as he entered the room, Danny shortly following him.

"This bastard-" Carlisle kicked Ethan again causing him to yell out. "Was kissing (Y/n)."

"Stop it! We can talk this through!" (Y/n) cried running over to Carlisle and trying to pull him away.

"(Y/n), is that true?" Danny asked, hurt. Meanwhile, Lawrence was just staring at Ethan getting pummelled.

"It doesn't fucking matter!" She screamed. "Stop it!"

Carlisle wasn't too bothered by her interference, his assault on Ethan wasn't interrupted but he was more concerned about accidentally hurting (Y/n) despite his current anger towards her. "Would you get her off of me?"

Lawrence was still stuck to his spot so Danny took (Y/n) shoulders and started to pull her away. "Come on, angel, you have some explaining to do."

"Fuck off! Stop hurting him!" (Y/n) tried her best to fight Danny off of her but he quite easily took control and started dragging her away as she kicked and screamed.

"(Y-" Ethan just about managed to cry out half of her name before cutting himself off with a yell of pain. It was the worst thing he'd felt in his life. The kind of pain where he could barely hear, see or think- all that existed was the hurt.

"Shall I finish him off here or downstairs?" Carlisle paused his attack to ask his brother, out of breath.

"Just do it in here. There's blood on the carpet anyway." Lawrence mumbled. "You're cleaning this up after."

Carlisle rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"Explain."

"Let me back in there!" (Y/n), after being sat down on Danny's bed, immediately stood back up only to be forced down by her shoulders once more.

"No. Tell me what happened and if I believe you I can see if Ethan's still alive and get Carlisle to cool down." Danny used a serious tone that was unusual for him- at least the old him.

"I'm not saying anything until you get Carlisle in here and get him to stop hurting Ethan." (Y/n) crossed her arms adamantly, trying to appear as strong as possible but her tear filled eyes said otherwise.

"Explain first."

"NO."

"Come on, (Y/n), just tell us what happened." Lawrence walked into the room. (Y/n) winced at the sight of a few bloodstains on his clothes.

"This isn't happening." She whispered to herself. Ethan couldn't be dying, and not for her. Not because of her. Her hand reached to cover her mouth and she let an audible sob fall from her. "This can't be real."

Danny watched her unhappily, he was fighting the urge to comfort (Y/n) in her devastated state but he needed that explanation first and foremost.

"How did you know him?" Lawrence asked, keeping his cold exterior up.

"It doesn't matter... he's dead anyway, isn't he?"

No answer came.

"Oh, god..." She cried again, putting her head into her hands to stifle some of the vicious emotion that shook through her. "No, no, no, no, no.."

"(Y/n), please stop crying." The pain in Danny's voice was clear as day.

"How could you do this to me??" She whimpered, not to Danny in particular, but to all of them. And not for this in particular, but for everything. Everything they'd done that made her life all the more shitty.

Lawrence took a deep breath to steady himself before speaking. "(Y/n), I love you very much. You have to understand that to know that this, and everything we do, is for the best... the best for you."

"It sure doesn't feel like it! If you love me so much, how come you're all perfectly content with me being fucking miserable?!" (Y/n) shouted accusatorially.

A silence fell over the room, a dampened scream came from (Y/n)'s room and she looked to the door sadly. The tension in the air had grown thick.

"We won't make you explain why you kissed Ethan." Danny sighed.

(Y/n) gave him a small nod of thanks, not wanting to actually say the phrase 'thank you' aloud to him.

"You should have just said if you felt like you weren't getting enough affection." Danny began to close in on her.

"That's not-"

"I can kiss you whenever you want." A maniacal smile crossed his face.

"Danny, don't-"

"Unless, of course, you want to tell us about your relationship to Ethan."

By now Danny's face was dangerously close to her own. Her breathing was staggered as she searched her mind for a way out.

"Lawrence...?" She breathed out.

Lawrence had averted his eyes from the scene, out of sight out of mind. But when (Y/n) said his name, his ignorance melted.

"Danny, just.... Ethan will be dead within the hour just leave it." Lawrence said quickly.

Danny stared at (Y/n)'s wobbling lips as she held back more tears for a few more seconds before moving his face away. "Fine."

"I'll take (Y/n) to one of the spare rooms for tonight since her room is currently... occupied." Lawrence offered.

"Goodnight, my love. Sweet dreams." Danny cooed to her, seemingly over the Ethan thing completely.

(Y/n) gladly got away from Danny and followed Lawrence out.

As they walked down the hall, she wanted to make a break for her room and try some miraculous attempt to save Ethan. But what was the point? He was as good as dead despite how her mind refused to believe so.

"Here you go." Lawrence opened the door for her. "It's quite late, you might want to lie in tomorrow morning."

(Y/n) didn't answer, she just stared at him. How could he act as if he hadn't just been complicit in murder?

"I love you. I hope you sleep well."

Lawrence left and switched off the light. The room flooded with darkness and reality set in.

Ethan was really gone.