XLV- just a game

"I wanna be the superhero!" The seven year old boy yelled, his ginger hair curling out in every direction.

"I'm not being the bad guy again, I always have to be the bad guy." His dark haired friend muttered.

"I don't mind being the bad guy this time." The young Danny volunteered.

"You can be my sidekick!" Ollie grabbed Rio excitedly.

"I don't wanna be the sidekick." Rio moped. "Can't I be a second superhero?"

"No! You can be a second villain, there's always two of us on the good side let's change it." Danny exclaimed. Rio shrugged and walked over to him.

"I'm going to save the whole world on my own then!" Ollie called out.

"You can't save every single person on earth." Rio rolled his eyes.

"Watch me." The ginger said proudly. "You're going down, Danny! You too, Rio!"

Danny grinned and quickly scaled the play structure. "This is my secret evil hideout! You'll never break in." Rio climbed up after him at a much more leisurely pace.

Ollie gasped, thinking of some way to break in for their little game. He picked up a bit of bark from the ground and picked it up, holding the wood above his lip. "I'm disguising myself!" He shouted up at them. "Now I look like a villain too!"

Danny laughed at his friend's antics. "Come on up then!"

Ollie climbed up and once he was standing face to cafe with Danny and Rio he discarded the bit of bark. The two other boys faked surprise.

"You're not a villain! You're Ollie, the super cool superhero!" Rio tried to sound serious through his giggles.

"That's right! And I'm going to kick your asses!"

The smiles on Rio and Danny's faces dropped.

"Ollie, my mom will get mad if she hears you swearing." Rio hissed nervously.

"It's not a swear word, I heard it on TV."

"It is! My mom called my dad that name and he got really mad." Danny crossed his arms. "Let's just get back to the game."

"Right, sure." Ollie got back into his character and the boys started to play fight, throwing punches that never actually hit each other and running around the playground as Mrs Beech, Riley and Aaron watched from the side.

They played together for around twenty minutes, laughing hysterically all throughout their fake battle. This all came to a grinding halt when Ollie's foot began to skid and he tumbled to the floor.

Danny and Rio dashed up to him immediately. He was already a wailing mess from the microscopic graze on his knee.

"Ollie, are you okay?" Danny asked in concern.

"I think my mom has some band aids with her." Rio said shakily. "Do you want me to get her over here?"

Ollie nodded through the pain, that to his seven year old brain was on par with a gunshot wound.

Before Rio could go and get them, his mom along with Danny's parents were already gathered around Ollie.

"Let's get you back to our house and call your mom." Mrs Beech said softly. "She was going to pick you up in the morning but maybe it would be better for you to go home today."