LIV- inability

(Y/n) grumbled as she came to, laying back on a bed she didn't remember falling asleep in.

Barely even awake, she started to get up but felt herself being pushed back down.

"Stay in bed. Your leg will hurt too much to put loads of pressure on right now." Carlisle said calmly.

Memories of the night before came back to her head. At least it didn't seem like they were too upset about the whole attempted murder thing- that had been greatly overshadowed by her injury.

She moved her duvet to take a look at it. A bandage had been tightly wrapped around her thigh, just below where her pyjama shorts ended. Her finger inched to touch it but her wrist was promptly grabbed my someone the other side of her.

"Don't touch it. You shouldn't mess with the dressing if you want it to heal properly." Danny said with a concerned tone.

"Sorry." (Y/n) mumbled.

"I'm just glad you're okay. Don't do anything like that again, you had us a really worried."

(Y/n) narrowed her eyes at him. She hated that he wasn't even slightly threatened by what she'd done, like she was no real match for him... Like she was a child.

Then she realised that they weren't going to care about her trying to kill them because they knew she couldn't... Or they thought she couldn't.

"And if you do make a mistake like that again, Danny's not going to freak out and hurt you." Lawrence spat venomously.

"We are not having this argument again." Danny exclaimed

"Well, maybe if you-"

"Can you two shut up?" Carlisle cut his brother off. "We think you should stay in bed for a few days at least and then we'll try some walking in small bursts." He said to (Y/n) with a softer tone of voice.

"A few days?" She questioned.

"It was pretty deep and you could use some rest... You've seemed quite out of it lately." Lawrence added.

(Y/n)'s listening skills were impaired as she saw Ollie standing across the room. He was just standing there blankly.

"There she goes again." Danny mumbled in reference to her glossed over eyes.

"Wh- huh?" (Y/n) snapped out of her daze and tore her vision away from Ollie. "What did you say?"

"Don't worry." Carlisle ruffled her hair lovingly. "We'll get some stuff in here to keep you entertained. Some books, a tablet- without internet, of course- maybe a monopoly board...?"

"That would be nice." (Y/n) mused.

"We're going to keep the door locked, just in case you try to get up and ruin your recovery. If it does seem like you have tried to walk around we won't hesitate to restrain you to the bed." Lawrence warned. "But we really don't want to have to do that, so just... Be good, alright?"

(Y/n) gave a mumble of agreement and shifted back under the covers. "You can go now."

"Do you not want some company?" Danny ventured with a smile.

"No. I want to sleep." She planted her face into the pillow. "Please go." Her words came out muffled.

The three exchanged glances before Carlisle spoke up. "Are you-"

"Yes. I am sure."

"(Y/n)... (Y/n)..."

She shifted awake again, this time to feel herself being shaken. Dark eyes stared down at her.

"What do you want, Lawrence?"

"I've got you some lunch." He gestured to a tray of food that he'd placed on the bedside table.

"Shit, how long was I asleep for?" (Y/n) tiredly rubbed her eyes.

"Don't concern yourself over that. Take as much rest as you need."

(Y/n) nodded, hopefully a good amount of sleep and being able to calm herself down a bit would help stop her from seeing things. Even in that moment, Carlotta was dancing across the room.

She saddened a bit upon seeing her. It had been so long since she had danced, and now with her injury it was going to be even longer.

"Are you alright?" Lawrence noted her disheartened expression.

"I just miss dance is all." She shrugged. "It used to be such a big part of my life but since Rio it just faded out."

Lawrence didn't appreciate her mentioning Rio but brushed it off to address the actual matter. He gently took (Y/n)'s hand and rubbed circles into her palm.

"As soon as your leg has healed you can dance to your heart's content." He said with a sweet smile.

(Y/n) lost focus yet again, looking at Carlotta again. "Do you miss your mom?" She asked, not really meaning to say it aloud.

Both of them were shocked when the words left her lips. "I-I'm so sorry, you don't have to answer that." (Y/n) spluttered out in mortification.

Lawrence regained his composure and then shook his head lightly. "It's fine, darling. We need to be able to talk about things, don't we?" He scratched behind his ear with his free hand in thought. "Obviously I miss her, but you understand that I was young when it happened. At the time it was life shattering but now I've lived most of my life with the fact. Of course, everytime her birthday rolls around or... The anniversary of what happened... It's a bit more tough for everyone. I like to think I got over it better than my father did."

"Okay. Thank you for answering my question." (Y/n) said formally, unsure if she should comfort him or if that would just give him the wrong idea.

"Now I get to ask you something." He teased.

"That's not what you said." (Y/n) pulled her hand away.

"It's only polite." Lawrence argued. "Do you miss your mom? You never really fully explained what happened between you and her."

"I didn't? I guess I was always pretty indifferent about it for a long time, she left when I was one so there wasn't much to miss. It was only when she came back that things started going to shit. I never liked her... but she was never cruel to me, I just didn't understand her. I still don't. It wasn't until Jonah happened and-"

"How did that happen?"

"What?"

"Ollie only said what he did, but he didn't even mention how you knew him." Lawrence shifted uncomfortably. "If you don't want to-"

"He was Alice's boyfriend at the time." (Y/n) answered quickly, not going any further into it. "After that happened she went to prison for neglect and was blocked from seeing me until I was eighteen. I saw her again before and at the showcase and then-" She cut herself off, choosing not to bring up Alice's involvement in her move to Port Coald. "So, no. I don't miss her."

"That's harsh, baby." Alice appeared out of nowhere and huffed.

"I miss my dad though." (Y/n) ignored her and kept talking. "I miss him more than anything. I just want to know how he's doing... It's been so long."

Lawrence stared at her in contemplation. A cute little pout was on her lips, despite how pretty she looked he didn't want her to be sad.

"I can... check in on him if you want." Lawrence offered quietly.

"Would you?!" (Y/n) perked up.

"If you told me his address, it wouldn't be too much trouble to-"

"Oh thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She beamed and hugged him fast.

Lawrence was tense at first but then eased into the embrace.

Too late to go back on it now.