"Fuck me." He huffs and sits down on the top of his desk. 

"Easton." I whisper as I push the door open slowly 

"Go back to bed Sweetheart." He sighs 

Ignoring him I make my way over and place my hand on his cheek forcing him to look at me "Who was that?" 

"Just one of the many reasons I can't drag you into my mess."

"Is she your girlfriend? Ex-girlfriend?" I ask confused as I drop my hand, but stay close to him.

"Neither." He says looking at me. "She's right, I did sleep with her last week, I've been sleeping with her for months, her and half the other girls I work with."

"Oh," I say swallowing a lump in my throat as a twinge of jealously rushes over me.

"I told you Aubrey, I'm not a good person, and I don't want to drag you into that." He places his hand on my cheek. "I overheard you speaking to Amara this morning." 

"You did?" I bite down on my bottom lip. 

"I did." He nods and removes his hand from my face "And just so you know you're wrong and I'm so glad you didn't sleep with me, or Caleb or that loser from the bar, who by the way if I ever see I'll knock the fuck out." he huffs and pauses for a moment. "Aubrey you are smart and beautiful, and kind and funny, but-"

"But not enough," I say sadly as I look up at him, my brown eyes locked on his.

"You know Sweetheart sometimes it's not about you, and I'm saying that in the nicest way possible." He says softly "At least in this situation it isn't about you, you're perfect, I'm fucked up and I can't drag you into that, it's not worth it."

"Shouldn't that be up to me?" I question and look down for a moment, then back at him "Shouldn't it be up to me to choose if I think it's worth it or not?"

"If I told you everything there was to know about me, you'd run and I wouldn't blame you." 

"So tell me." I press

"I can't." He shakes his head "Even if I wanted to, I can't." 

"Okay." I nod slowly "I understand." I give him a soft smile 

"I'm sorry I lead you on." he says, his eyes now back on mine "It wasn't my intention, I just got used to spending time with you and I sort of enjoyed it." 

"I did as well." I smile softly once more. "Friends?" 

"Friends." He gives me a small smile back, a real smile, no smirk, no grin, a smile and pulls me in for a hug. 

I hug him back tightly as he strokes my back and then pulls back from the hug. "Friends can still watch TV in bed right because I'm pretty sure Dr Phil is about to start." 

"Dr Phil?" He asks with a screwed up face. "There is no way in hell I'm watching that." 

"Oh, but we are." I giggle and run back up the stairs. 

I push the bedroom door open once more and jump on the bed, getting under the covers. I know friendship isn't exactly what I was looking for when it comes to my feelings that have grown in a very short time for Easton, but friends is better than us fighting and not getting along at all, so I'll take it. 

"You weren't kidding." He laughs as she enters the room. 

"I told you I wasn't kidding."

He joins, sitting next to me in the bed and watches the T.V much to my surprise. We watch the start of the episode together. As the episode continues Dr Phil begins once of his famous quotes, "You know I have a saying that no matter how-

"Flat you make a pancake it has two sides" I finish the sentence as he does

Easton turns to me and laughing harder then I've ever seen before "What are you a super fan?"

"Maybe," I admit with a giggle.