Christmas Prompt ~ 2019

Everyone was out trying to set up a nativity and Christmas tree in the plot of land Tommy had bought. Michael and Finn had pointed out that a lot of the people they'd been friends with years ago weren't going to be having such a nice christmas and Tommy's solution was to go all out and throw a little, public celebration.

That meant that everyone was dropped in from you and Ada wrapping dozens of parcels and gifts in brown paper with delicate white ribbons of lace, to Arthur, John and Finn building a mini train track for a tiny kiddie train.

Polly had employed a group of carollers to sing while everyone worked and to sing later on in the evening.

Which was fine food the most part but they kept repeating a few of the more popular choices so as to practice for the actual event.

"This song is doing my head in. I don't half hate it when Polly gets in the seasonal spirit." Ada muttered to you. You giggled a little, still not close enough to the Shelby family to comment. Finn frowned. He wanted to be sat with you and Ada wrapping gifts. Well not Ada. he wouldn't mind swapping jobs, getting a few minutes alone with you. John kept teasing him, each time his brother caught him looking over at you.

"If I hear this song one more time there will be blood." Finn said as he looked over at you and Ada as you both laughed at her other jokes, he stormed off for a while and Polly went after him, giving Tommy a knowing look. He'd been meaning to ask why you'd been invited, he'd quite forgotten Finn's little crush.