Stranger

Finn strolled along, Isaiah at his side as they walked to their meeting place. "Something feels off." Isaiah muttered as the men they were meeting for Tommy followed them.

"Just go with it. We meet Tommy in twenty minutes." Finn mumbled back as they walked to the room that had been booked for the meeting and seated themselves.

The meeting went well, as far as Finn and Isaiah could tell. Nothing odd happened and an agreement was reached. But as they got up to leave one man grabbed Isaiah while the other grabbed Finn. The third attacked Finn.

"Get off him!" Isaiah yelled as he fought back. Finn grunted and grabbed his stomach as they dropped him and turned to deal with Isaiah. He dived for Finn and dragged him out of the building, half dragging and half carrying him.

"Fuck!" Finn grumbled as he kept his hand clenched. Isaiah dragged him to an alleyway, hiding him before standing up and glancing around.

"I lost them. I'll be right back with Tommy. I won't be able to carry you all the way back without us getting caught." He said apologetically. Finn nodded and motioned that he understood.

After a long while someone approached Finn and he had to shuffle a little to look at who it was. "I know who you are! You're a Shelby!" You gasped. Finn grunted a response, watching your eyes grow wide as you realised he was bleeding.

He said something that came out as a wheeze and you looked around the dirty ally, wondering why anyone would just abandon him there. There were boxes piled either side of him, as if someone had tried to hide him.

"Come on. I know a man with a car. He'll help me get you home." You said. Finn grunted as you started to pull him off down to the street. It took fifteen minutes to get him to your friend and a further ten to promise that you would ask Finn to have him paid for driving to the house.

*****************************************************

"Tommy!" Isaiah yelled as he practically jumped from the car before it stopped. "Finn he... he's... The men attacked us, one stabbed him, I had to leave him and steal a car and get down here!" He explained in a rush as he waved at the car and babbled on.

He told Tommy, Arthur and Finn exactly where he'd left Finn and the four of the rushed to find him. The ally was empty when they arrived, bar a few blood smudges. "Where is he?" John asked as he marched up and down, heading out to the street to see if anyone had seen him.

They searched everywhere, getting more frantic by the minute as they couldn't find him. Arthur and tommy began bellowing and shouting while Isaiah and John started checking houses, to see if anyone had found him.

"They would've left him if they'd killed him." Arthur pointed out to his brothers.

Tommy nodded as he glanced at Isaiah who was crouched next to the spot he'd left Finn looking horrified at the thought of being to blame for Finn's vanishing.

They headed back to the house when they realised they couldn't find him. When they explained what was going on Polly was distraught, in tears. Ada stayed quiet but you could see tears ready to spill over the moment she was alone.

The evening went on with the family making plans on how to find Finn. They were interrupted by a hammering on the front door. "Hey! Wake up!" You yelled, banging harder when no one answered. "We drove all the way out here you can at least come get Finn."

The door opened and an irritated Polly appeared in the doorway. "Do you mind explaining what you're yelling about and why you're here?" She snapped.

"I found the little one of you lot, Finn. He's in the car. Took us a while to get down here but we didn't know where else to take him." You explained.

She looked at you with shock, rushing to the car to see Finn looking worse for wears in the back. "You lot get out here!" She bellowed. Finn coughed out a laugh. You were frog marched into the house for a round of questions while Finn was taken inside.

You watched in amazement as a sudden bustle happened, doctors arrived, funny looking men who were certainly not doctors bustled in and out and you were sure you saw a load of guns in one room.

"You. Thank you." Polly snapped at you as she motioned for maids to put you and your friend up for the night. "We'll need you to stay here." She wasn't clear why but you had the sense that if you went home you'd likely be caught up in something ghastly. You glanced at the room Finn was now napping in before following her.