Rivals (Part Two)

Since Tommy's wedding things had been a little awkward, instead of arguing and fighting you exchanged awkward glances or stared at the other when you thought they weren't looking. After a while you gave up on actually talking to Finn ever again, although you weren't missing the continuous fights.

It was a week later when you were at the Garrison, your friends laughing around you as you provided them with free drinks, courtesy of Arthur. After a few hours some of your friends went home while others began dancing to the upbeat music that filled the Garrison, sitting alone at the bar, you watched your friends make fools of themselves.

"What's a pretty thing like you doing alone?" A man said as he sat next to you.

"I'm not alone." You hurriedly corrected him.

"You sure look alone." He persisted.

"Well she ain't." You looked behind the man and found an angry looking Finn glaring at the man, cigarette smoking between his fingers as he waited for the man to move.

There was a moment of silence as they eyed each other, making you wonder if the man was from Small Heath if he was willing to square up to not only a Blinder but a Shelby.

"Yeah well, whatever." The man huffed as he left you alone.

"Thanks." You mumbled to Finn who simply grunted as a response.

Once it was closing time Arthur shooed the two of you outside and you shivered as the cold bit at your skin. You watched as Finn flicked his cigarette but across the street, the cinder bounced and sent a tiny shower of red glows across the street.

Finn's thick jacket dropped around your shoulders, an awkward nod from Finn had you gratefully slipping your hands through the sleeves and you wrapped the coat around you. He took your hand as you followed Arthur to the car, the thought of getting back to the country house and sleeping all morning practically called to you.

"Her beds made up for her." You heard someone say.

"Thanks." Finn's low response rumbled through you.

You heard the familiar click you your bedroom door and you were set down on you bed, Finn swallowed nervously when you opened your eyes and sleepily sat up, exhaustion and a drunken haze leaving you to sleepy to do much more than move when he asked so he could take off your shoes and jacket.

"Night (Y/N)." He mumbled and you were sure he'd kissed your forehead before checking you were wrapped in the heavy blankets and leaving the room.