Teach Me

Finn sighed as he walked through the party to look for you, he hadn't wanted to come in the first place, he didn't fit in among your friends and they made sure to tell him that or at least make it clear.

They could all read and whenever he tried to make polite conversation they'd catch your attention with the latest author or some book from a country he'd never heard of. He just wanted to find you and go home, putting the whole evening behind him.

"Let's get going." Finn grumbled when he found you and started to lead you out to the car that had pulled up.

"Finn it's not even ten o'clock yet." You huffed and he rolled his eyes.

"Yes well... Tommy said he was sending the car now because he didn't have anyone to pick us up later now can we just go please." He sighed and you nodded, seeing that he'd had enough.

"I came to see Finn is he here?" You called and Esme pointed at the desk he was sat at.

You smiled and hurried over dumping lunch for everyone on the side as you headed over to Finn who, upon realising you were heading his way, shoved something in a drawer as he got to his feet to hug you.

"Didn't know you were coming by." He muttered to you and you smile up at him.

"Well, you were so nice yesterday and you really didn't have to spend all that time with my friends, at least you didn't have to be so nice to them." You hummed and he kissed the top of your head, pulling away when Polly cleared her throat behind the two of you.

"I let what happens in your room slide, but not in public." She warned and pointed at you both before tugging you away leaving you to throw a short wave at Finn who chuckled and went back to whatever he'd been doing before you arrived.

You yawned and rolled over, frowning when you realised the lam was still on, the fire was still going and Finn wasn't in bed with you. Slowly you sat up to find Finn hunched over by the fire, muttering to himself.

"Finn?" You mumbled and padded over to him, stroking a hand through his hair as he looked up at you. "Is that one of my books?"

"I... thought I could learn how to read it, might impress you if I could." He grumbled and you smiled, sitting yourself in his lap as you leant against his chest and let his arms wrap around you so he could hold the book out.

"How far have you gotten?" You asked and glanced up when he sighed.

"The first line." He admitted and you kissed his cheek.

"Why don't you go to sleep and I'll help you tomorrow?" You hummed and he nodded, happily glancing at the bed and looking like he might fall asleep on the spot.

"Taken me two days to get this far, mind you I don't get much time to figure it out." He sighed and picked you up, carrying you to the bed.

"Well it's pretty good seeing as you've never tried before." You smiled and snuggled into his side as he pulled the blankets over the two of you.