"Good."

"I mean I said I think but I should be fine."

Marcus gave her a look. "Are you doing ok? You seem...off."

Samantha rested her head on her hand. "I just have this weird feeling like something bad is going to happen. My stomach has been in knots for a few weeks now and I can't shake this feeling. As this tournament progresses I can't help but think the worst. Mad Eye Moody just gives me bad feelings and I know something isn't right with him," she explained and knew she could find out more information if she took back the map and could possibly follow him around to see if Mad Eye does anything else noteworthy.

"I get those feelings from him too but that's just his vibe. I wouldn't think anything of it," Marcus spoke as he slightly wanted to turn Samantha's attention away from Moody. He still had his task. No matter how much he didn't want to do it, he had to at least try because he knew the consequences if he didn't.

"But I've caught him in too many strange scenarios and I think he pays a bit too much attention to Harry and I for anyone's liking."

"Everybody pays too much attention to you two. Harry because he's famous of course and you because you're just too dang pretty," Marcus spoke cooly which caused Samantha to slightly blush and give him a side eye.

Marcus grabbed her hand which was very cold and squeezed it. "I know you have a lot of moving thoughts up there but please try and relax and focus on nothing but the task. You have a few days and I want to see you win. Too many distractions for something that is probably nothing is not good for you." He scooted his seat a little closer to her and quickly glanced around to see if they were alone. There was only one person in sight but they were buried in the book they were reading.

Marcus leaned in and tried for a kiss before Samantha slightly leaned away. "What?" he said, a frown forming.

"You said no distractions," she said pointedly. "Snogging is definitely a distraction."

Marcus smirked. "I said distractions for stuff that is probably nothing." He leaned in fully and captured her lips with his briefly before pulling away. "I can guarantee that this is definitely not nothing."

• • • • •

"I still think this is a bad idea," Harry said the next day as he gave Samantha his cloak to use so she could take back the Map after her class with Moody.

Samantha rolled her eyes. "Harry, when have we ever had any good ideas?"

Harry paused before letting out a laugh. "Fair enough, just be careful."

She put the Cloak in her bag and nodded. "Always am...or at least try to be."

Samantha then went off to her morning classes which consisted of Charms and Transfiguration. After lunch she would have a double block of Defense and then make her move. If the Potters were good at anything, then it was sneaking around and finding out information they probably shouldn't have.

Classes went by pretty quickly and even though Samantha had a lot more to think about, she found herself being able to easily do her schoolwork. She didn't want any favoritism and wanted to be able that she could handle both her regular obligations and the obligations of the tournament. As lunch came to a close and it was time for Defense, Samantha found herself thinking of how proud her parents would be. Even though she didn't really have anyone to make proud, she still would make pretend she had parents back home she could write to.