Percy Jackson 29

Flames shooting out from her window making the glass break and shatter everywhere. The street wasa mess. People where running around screaming. I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath.

When I opened them again they screams were muffled and my sight become clearer. I saw a boy. He had sandy blonde hair and blue scared eyes. He was standing right under the apartment on fire.

The flames crackled only few meters above his head. Glass where flying everywhere. I felt something sharp cut through my arm but I didn't have time to care. All the pain in my leg was gone when I saw that boy.

It was like everything was moving in slow motion. I tried to reach for the boy. The flames crackling. Shattered glass everywhere threatening to cut my throat. But the thing that concerned me the most was the bricks over the boy's head.

I grabbed the boy's arm and dragged him away right before the bricks fell down and pulverized against the ground. "Are you ok?" I asked. He nodded and those big blue eyes were big and filled with fear. I took my hand took away some blood from a new wound from the bottom of his eye over his chin.

"Oh that one must be hurting. Sure you are ok?" I asked again. "Yeah" he said with a shaking voice. "How old are you?" I asked he answered "eleven". I smiled "Well buddy, you are a tough boy, you know that? And you have proof now" I said and pointed at his fresh scar.

He gave me a smile and I followed him out of the danger zone.

Booom

I felt the ground shaking.  And held the  boy so he wouldn't fall. "I have to go now. Get yourself to safety ok?" He nodded and I let him go.

The blue sky became grey. There were no more air to breathe . Just smoke. Inhale, exhale slowly. But only grey thick air was in my lungs now. My eyes started water like mad. I couldn't see. I couldn't breath.

Who would do this?
"Me"

I looked around to see were the voice came from but no one was there. 

"Show yourself!"

"I don't need to Percy. You know who I am. You can blame this on yourself"

I couldn't think clearly. Maybe it was because of to much smoke inhaling or maybe my brain actually were just seaweed. Ok that's stupid. I told myself to shut up but that didn't work.

Anyway, were are those firefighters. Someone must have called them already. There were dozens of people. 

I tried looking up. But now everything I saw was grey smoke.

Wait there were something else. Someone falling. I took my some time to recognize her.

"Chelsea!" I screamed. Or tried to. I had a hoarse rasping voice who barely could whisper. So I assumed she couldn't hear me. If she was even alive. Or she would die. If she hit the ground in that speed.

0Stop thinking go saving" my brain said. Sometime my brain could be really helpful. Sometimes... not so helpful. I tried to move towards her but I couldn't my legs were stuck. I sat on the ground coughing trying to move forward without any luck.

Chelsea kept falling. It felt like an eternity. My head kept screaming. My eyes still was watering. Chelsea fell. Right before she was about to hit the ground. A blinding light came. And her eyes opened. I stared at her in amazement.

What just happen?
I don't know. You could ask later.
What is that supposed to mean?

My brain answered me with everything turning black.