Annabeth Chase 3

I was sitting by the waters edge, looking over Long Island sound. I felt the tears in my eyes. I and Percy used to do this, before...
I rather not talk about it.

I looked up as the sun was about to rise. Today was August 18th Percy would have turned 27 years today. But because of me... No I won't talk about it.

It had been 7 years since Percy Jackson was announced dead. It was seven years, since Nico, Jason and I, found his sword on the beach in Alaska.

Yeah we even looked for him there, in Alaska. It was out of the gods reach, therefor the perfect hiding spot. But the only thing we found there was Riptide.

"What are you thinking about?" I turned my head around and saw Piper, Jason, Nico and Leo

Piper sat besides me and let me cry on her shoulder. I couldn't take it anymore. I hated myself for what I did. Because Percy's dead was all my fault.

"Annabeth, it wasn't just you fault, we didn't really help him either" Jason said looking at the horizon.

Piper nodded. "We all drove him away, and we are all guilty. You shouldn't be mourning by yourself. It's only us now. We have to stay together" she said.

I wiped away my tears. "Do you think he ever forgave us? Do you think he died thinking I hated him? Or did he die hating me?" I said. No one answered.

We all sat there watching the horizon without a word when Leo suddenly said "is this just me or is a tsunami headed this way?"

I looked a bit closer and a big wall of water was headed, straight at us. "We have to get Perc..." I stopped and wanted to slap myself. "I mean, we have to get Justin" I said and ran towards the Poseidon cabin. "JUSTIN!" I screamed and slammed on his door. An tired orange carrot opened the door.

Dam it. I wanted to slap myself again. Percy used to call him a carrot. I never listened to him.

I snapped myself back to reality.

"Oh babe! You know you don't have to knock" he said and winked to me. I rolled my eyes "stop calling me that, we were never together" I said angrily

"Justin, it's a big tsunami headed straight to camp, you have to stop it!" I said.

Justin's face became pale. "Uh Annie, it's take a lot of power to stop a tsunami, and I'm not fully loaded so..."

I rolled my eyes again. "Percy could have done it" I said not sad and annoyed. "But you know what? I'm the strongest demigod in the world, I can do it" he said and walked out I followed him.

Piper and Jason had woken up the rest of the camp and Chiron. "Justin is here!" I shouted. No one said anything, the moment Percy was gone he started acting like a jerk. And everyone stopped liking him. We didn't even know why we liked him in the first place.

Justin looked at the tsunami and turned around, "You know what? I'm gonna help with giving you all advice! Run and hide!" He said and ran back to his cabin.

"Gods" I muttered and turned to Chiron, "What are we gonna do now?" I asked.

Chiron looked at the wall of water and said "we should pray to Poseidon that this won't kill us all"

I looked at the sky and
whispered, "Dear Poseidon, please forgive me. But if I have to die, I hope I can go to Elysium, and maybe see Percy again".

When the wave was closer ready to crush us. I closed my eyes and prayed to Poseidon one more time. When I opened my eyes again, it was like Poseidon heard our prayers, because wave become smaller and smaller until the only thing left was a person with black clothes and a silver helmet.