Ch. 14-Soul link & a truce

—Vixen
It's morning and my wings ache. B and Swap are asleep...I'm restless. I sighed and teleported to the kitchen. The house is still and so quiet....It is so different with no sounds or chatting from the others.

My legs are sore but if I am gentle I'll be fine...Using my magic I levitate a glass and fill it with water. I had three glasses...until my thirst was gone. I sighed as I put the glass in the sink.

I opened my wing letting it open all the way hissing at the pain from the bruises. It was so long it reached the wall by the front door from where I stand in the kitchen. I opened and closed it a few times, then turned around so I could stretch my other wing.

I closed my eyes and took deep breathes as I moved my feathers out of the way to examine the bones they grow on. I glanced down at them....bruises were definitely visible on my bones.

I touched them gently flinching a little. Not because of pain but sensitivity...

"Uhhhh........"

I froze and looked up. There standing in front of me is Fell. He's staring at my wings...I moved my feathers back into place hoping he hadn't seen underneath them.

There is silence.

"What the hell are ya doing up this early?" He asked crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall.

I just stood there for a moment thinking hard what to say...not wanting him to hit me again.

"I was getting water..." I told him. For some reason he kept looking away from me, avoiding eye contact.

He had not only scared me that day....I too had scared him, roaring in his face the way I did before passing out😓. I sighed there was silence in the air...as I closed my eyes and focused on my legs to keep me from falling.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I'm sorry...."

I opened my eyes and looked at him, I didn't expect him to say that...he seemed to proud to do that. My ears went down when I saw red tears falling from his closed eye sockets. He was trying desperately not to cry by the look of his expression.

He wasn't all that tough like I thought...deep down there is kindness, a softer side. I reached out my wing to his face wiping his tears away, Fell stared at me as if more tears would pour out at any second.

"I forgive ya...and I'm sorry too, Fell." I said gently. "F-For what?" He asked, looking confused. "For....ya know...calling ya an—"

"An old geezer." He said finishing my sentence. I nodded as my tail goes between my legs...

"What I did was...rude and ya didn't deserve what I did to ya. I don't blame ya if....if ya hate me I'm using to—!!!!!" I pulled him into a big hug, catching him off guard. I embrace him wrapping my wings around his arms and wrapping my arms underneath his.

"No one...I've ever met that's like you has ever apologized to me....So I forgive you." I said wagging my tail as I looked up at him. His skull turns bright red and his eyes have turned into small hearts💕.

He bends over and hugs me back. "Let's call a truce ok...? No more fighting." He said wagging his little tail bone. I smiled, "Truce."

-Vixen has linked souls with Fell, she warms his frozen soul-