Ch. 8-Can't lie to B

"Vixen...?"

I went pale as I turned to look at Wingdings who had said my name. He looked confused...

"Y-Yes...?" I shuttered. I hated when I did that. "Are you feeling alright? You look pale...and you have large bags underneath your eye sockets." He told me, inspecting my face. I moved away when he went for my face mask.

"Yes...I'm f-fine.... I'm just—I didn't sleep very much last night." I told him honestly. He nodded and Swap smiled as he stood behind Wingdings. He seemed proud...for some reason.

The situation in the bathroom was still being looked over...but for the moment I had been spared and my secret was still safe. I sighed and sat on the couch...B came over and stood next to me, taking a seat.

He seemed to know someone was next him...but his confused expression left me to believe that he didn't know who. Was he really blind?? His eye sockets were always closed...

I glanced around the room...it seems only me and B were downstairs...

I waved my tail in front of his face. He flinched and looked more confused. "S-Sorry B...it's just my tail." I told him. He relaxed.

"It's alright...Vixen. You meant no harm." He said, B's voice was deep but very tame and gentle. It was calming...soothing even. I had never heard someone speak with such relaxation and warmth in their tone.

My tail wagged on its own.

"If you don't mind me asking...why did you scream yesterday in the bathroom? You are not required to answer...but don't be afraid to share I'm listening." He said.

I found myself sweating...I couldn't bring myself to lie to him. There was something different about him that made me feel calm...like there was no reason to hide anything.

But there was no way I could put it into words...and I couldn't show him either since he was blind. "I—I......am still injured. But plz don't say anything about...I'm not ready to trust all of them yet. I need more time...I'm scared of them and what they could do to me....like what the humans did to me." I told him nearly crying again.

He reached for me and once he found my head he pet my ears. It felt nice...warm and comforting. I heard myself purring and covered my mouth over my face mask.

He smiled, giggling softly as he used both his hands to rub the inside of my ears. My skull felt hot and it felt overwhelmingly good....Trembling I rested my head against his chest as he continued.

This feeling made me sleepy...and my eye sockets became heavy and heavier.........and......a-and—

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz~💙💙💙💙

—B
She seemed to be very happy and relaxed as I pet her soft, fluffy ears. I believe she has fallen asleep do to how limp she has gotten...I held her in my arms as I continued to pet her.

I heard someone coming down the stairs.

"Hey, B?? Have ya seen??—! Oh..." It was Swap. He must have noticed Vixen in my arms, resting on my chest.

"How long has she been like that??" He asked me his voice quieting to a whisper. "Not long..." I told him. "That's gotta be the most peaceful I've ever seen her since she got here...did she tell ya anything about last night??" He asked.

"She's still a bit unsure of everyone...she's afraid that she'll get hurt by one of us if she's not careful. She's still venerable after all and out numbered." I told him in a more simple less detailed way.

"I see...she's in worse mental condition then I thought. It explains a few things...so we will all have to be less threatening to her for her to feel safe and welcome here. I see to it...and I won't say anything. Tra-la-la~" And with that Swap left.

I felt Vixen shift in my arms, she whimpered at me, trembling so much I could hear her bones rattling. I stroked her back gently...receiving a flinch. Perhaps I had touched a sensitive area, maybe even injured. I stroked her head and ears instead...receiving more purring, she clung to my shirt and nuzzled my chest. She seemed very pleased by the affection & attention she was getting.

I was glad I could make her feel happy.