28

Life is like a big merry-go-round
You're up and then down
Going in circles tryin' to get to where you are
Everybody's been cutting you out
But where are they now?
Sitting in the same old place
Just faces in the crowd
We all make mistakes
You might fall on your face
But you gotta get up!
I'd rather stand tall
Than live on my knees
'Cause I'm a conqueror
And I won't accept defeat

  {Excuse mistakes!}

  "Baby girl." Mason sighed, staring at Deja as she laid in the hotel bed. It was nearing two in the afternoon, and just like yesterday, she was refusing to get out of the bed, because her body felt beyond weak.

After the conversation with her mom, Deja was hoping for a lot more than she got. She wanted a real apology, or at least hear the words I love you leave her mother's lips, but she didn't. And just the day before, Deja was called by the hospital and notified of Jennifer's death. Turns out, she was suffering from meningitis. It was a disease that could have been easily treated, but since they didn't catch it in time, it took her life rather quickly, in just a few days. And now, Deja was devastated. True, they didn't have a good relationship at all, but that was all the reason for her hurt. She was hurt that she was unable to earn her mother's love before she died, because now she knew that she never could. She would never get the chance to see her mother again, or try to make things right with her, and hopefully get her to leave Jeff. But she couldn't. Her mom was gone. And what made Deja feel even more horrible, was the fact that she felt a small sense of relief knowing she could never be hurt or manipulated by that woman again.

"Baby... please get up." Mason spoke again. "At least brush your teeth and try to eat something."

"I don't want to, Mason. Leave me alone, please." She mumbled, pulling the covers over her face.

Sighing, he tucked his lips and continued to watch her, trying to think of anything he could do to get her up.

Interrupting his thoughts, his phone rang with a call from his dad, making him twist his lips to the side.

"Baby, I'm gonna step outside and answer this, okay?"

"Kay." She mumbled, closing her eyes in hopes of going back to sleep.

Stepping out of the hotel room, Mason answered his dads call and leaned against the wall next to the door.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Mase. I'm at your place with your mom feeding this cat and I got a question."

"Okay.." 

"Where do you keep your condoms? Because I've been-"

"Excuse- what?" Mason frowned. "Yo."

"What?" DJ laughed. "I'm curious."

"Well get un-curious." Mason told him.

"You're lame. But seriously though... why did you buy a cat?"

"Because Deja wanted one." He shrugged.

"Wow." DJ nodded and laughed softly. "Don't spoil her too much, Mase. Or you'll end up like me and she'll be like your mother. Trust me, you don't want it. It gets you no where." He whispered.

"Excuse you?" He heard him mother speak in the background, making him laugh.

"Bae, it was joke." He laughed, making Mason laugh again as he smiled and shook his head.

"You two are a trip." Mason chuckled.

"Yeah, we know." Dayveon smiled. "How's Deja doing though? With her moms passing and all?"