16

What is love if you're not here with me
What is love if it's not guaranteed
What is love if it just ups and leaves
What is love if you're not here no more
What is love if you're not really sure

Sitting Indian style on her bed, Deja softly chewed on her lip as she stared at her purse that was only a few inches away from her.

As usual, she was alone in her dorm since Carrie was still in class, but she wouldn't be alone for long, since Mason was already on his way to come get her.

It was Friday night, and like a routine, Mason left work and made his next destination, Deja's dorm. And like she usually did, she tried to force herself to not pick up that bottle when she knew she would be with him. She already had a few close calls with him almost catching her in the act, and the last thing she wanted was for him to find out about her guilty pleasure.

She knew for a fact that he would be devastated if he found out what she was doing, so despite her craving, she made herself stay away from that bottle, because she knew that once she was with Mason, she wouldn't have that urge at all. She only felt the need to drink when she was alone with her thoughts. Once she was alone and felt herself starting to drown in her own self pity and the memories of what she had to go through, she drowned out every thought with her intoxicating drink, just so she wouldn't have to think and remember her past.

"Maybe I should just talk to him about it." She mumbled to herself, forcing her eyes away from her purse. "He might be upset... but maybe he won't be as upset as he would be if he found out on his own."

Shaking away her thoughts, she grabbed her phone and went straight to Mason's contact, calling him.

"Hey bae." He answered, making her sigh a small breath of relief.

"Hey, how far away are you?" She asked, rubbing her elbow as she stared down at her comforter, a small smile on her face. Small things like just hearing his voice took her to a different place and let her leave all her troubles behind for a few minutes at the least.

"I'm turning onto your campus now, so I should be to your dorm in like two minutes." He said, making her smile widen.

"Okay, I'll meet you outside." She said and hung up the phone before he could say anything else.

Getting out of her bed, she slid her feet into her slides and grabbed her purse. Since she already had a drawer of her things at Mason's place, she didn't need to grab an overnight bag.

With a huge smile on her face, she grabbed her dorm key and put it in her purse as she left her room, beyond ready to spend the weekend with her boyfriend.

Walking outside, she felt her mood brighten even more when she saw Mason stepping out of his car, the sun hitting his face just right, making him look absolutely perfect in her eyes.

"Hey baby." She smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck as she started to kiss his lips repeatedly, making him smile as he kissed her back and gripped her butt in his hands, holding her body against him. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, bae." He smiled and pecked her lips again. "You ready?"

"Mhm." She smiled, letting him grab her hand and lead her back to his car. "What are we gonna do for the rest of the day?"

"I was thinking we go for ice cream." He shrugged. "And maybe go bowling tonight."

"Ouu, that sounds fun." She smiled, getting into the car after he opened the door for her.

"Mhm." He smiled. "It'll give us something to do other than just sit at the house like we always do."

"We don't just always chill at your place." She said, "you take me out a lot."