17

Continued..

Sitting at a red light, Mason held his fist over his mouth, biting down firmly on his knuckles, nearly drawing blood as images from what just went down minutes ago still played vividly in his head.

He still had tears burning his eyes, and he was doing everything in his power to hold them back, but he couldn't shake the pain his heart. He was hurting, and he felt terrible knowing that he had just caused Deja more pain. He walked out on her when she needed him, but his own pain made him selfish in the moment, and he couldn't help that.

Shaking his head, he sniffed and hit his gas, despite the still red light, making an illegal U-turn. Hitting the gas again, he drove right back to his apartment and quickly made his way back up the stairs.

Making to his place, he opened the door and felt his heart shatter when he saw her sitting on the floor, letting out heartbreaking sobs that nearly broke him.

Closing the door behind him, he dropped his keys on the floor and made his way towards her, kneeling down to her level as he wrapped his arms around her shaking body, instantly making her cling to him.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled, holding her against his chest as he buried his face in her hair, finally letting his silent tears free. "I didn't mean it. We're gonna get you help, baby. Okay? I'll get you all the help you need."

Nodding, she kept her eyes shut tight and tried to stop her crying and continued clinging to him like her life depended on it.

"I'm sorry, baby." He mumbled, his eyes burning from the tears he was still trying to hold back. "I'm so sorry."

Holding him tighter, she wrapped her legs around his waist and let him pick her up, holding her tight as he finally connected their lips. "I'm sorry." He repeated.

Kissing him back, she held his face in her hands, feeling how wet it was from the few tears he had released.

"I'm sorry too." She mumbled, finally looking at him once she felt him lay her back on the bed. "I'm sorry for hurting you."

"It's okay." He sighed, kissing her again.

Wrapping her arms around his neck, she kissed him deeper and slower, just wanting to have him close to her. Being so lost in his touch and the kiss they were sharing, she didn't even feel him remove her shorts. The next thing she felt was him pushing himself inside of her, instantly making her breath get caught in her throat.

Letting out a soft breath, she released his lips and let her head fall back against the mattress, tightening her hold on his neck once she felt him start to give her deep, slow strokes.

"Baby.." She moaned softly.

"I know, mama." He whispered, dipping his head to kiss to her again as he went in her deep, making her moan even louder into his mouth.

Biting down on his lip, she dug her nails into his skin, leaving a burning sensation on his back as he slowly started to speed up his pace.

"I'm sorry, baby." She apologized, moaning breathlessly when she felt him hit her spot. "I'm so sorry..."

_

Waking up early the next morning, Deja was the first to get out of bed, not bothering to try and wake Mason. She knew that they would be talking once he got up and she needed time to collect herself and get her thoughts together before that happened.

She was tired of lying to him, and she wouldn't dare continue to do it, especially after last night and his threat to leave her. She knew that he didn't mean it and that he had said it out of anger in the heat of the moment, but she also knew that somewhere in him, he had it in him to do just that, so she refused to put herself at risk to lose him. Plus, she needed help and she knew that, and she was ready to talk to him now.