Chapter 74

For the next few days, they only stayed in the room since Clarisse didn't want to go out at all.

She didn't want to meet Regina. She didn't want to see the coast where Kevin and Regine were. She didn't want to do anything. She just wanted to calm herself.

Although Kevin had explained the story between him and Regina, she somehow still felt anxious. If someone asked her why she felt so, she also didn't know how to answer. After all, she suffered borderline disorder and anxiety disorder. Furthermore, she used to suffer depression. For someone like her, loving someone was a difficult task. 

Loving Kevin had taken all her bravery. Now, she was challenged with such an issue in their relationship which she couldn't find a way to settle down.

On the other hand, Kevin could only accompany her in the room. He reasoned to his family that Clarisse was not feeling well so he wanted her to take a rest.

They spent time alone and had the quality time. Clarisse acted like nothing happened, yet Kevin could still sense that Clarisse was still not at ease.

From Maldives, they flew to Singapore as Kevin had meeting to attend. As for Clarisse, she had to follow him since he didn't let her go back to J city alone.

Clarisse who was out from the place of agony finally could smile like she usually did. Looking at her smile, Kevin felt relieved. Both of them spent another two days at Singapore without knowing that another storm would struck soon.

The night before their supposed date to go back to J city, Kevin cooked her favourite aglio olio. Kevin owned a penthouse so it was naturally they stayed there. Since he occasionally went to Singapore for business, his penthouse had everything that needed.

He even prepared a room for her with all her usual skincare and clothes.

"What time will your meeting with Mr. Lim?", Clarisse asked as she knew that Mr. Lim was someone important in the business circle.

He was a businessman from Hongkong who was not only the man behind the country's economy but also the man behind the black market there. The meeting tomorrow would determine Alpha Corporation's standing in Hongkong.

"At 3 p.m., so we will take off at nine the next day."

"I got it"

After the dinner, Kevin went to shower first as he felt oily after cooking. As for Clarisse, she watched her favourite variety show. She planned to take a shower after it finished.

She was laughing hard when her phone received email. She took her phone and tapped to open the mail without looking. After the funny part ended, she then looked at her phone to find that an anonymous sent her some photos.

She gripped her phone tightly and strode to her room. She locked the door and went straight to the bathroom. She turned on the shower and sat under the shower. Why ? Because she wanted to cry out loud. However, she didn't want anyone to find it out.

She definitely knew that it was all in the past, but she still couldn't control herself when she saw him kissing another girl in the photo. The photos were all the intimate photos of him and Regina. She could see the carefree smile of him. She had never seen that version of him. He was gentle toward her, but he had never been so free-spirit.

Kevin who didn't know that his woman was again struck by another lightning came to the living room to find no one. He thought that she was taking shower so he didn't bother to look for her. He made a call for Louis to make sure that the preparation was all ready.

After he hung up, Clarisse was still no where to be seen. He looked at the clock and found that it had been an hour. Has she slept? He wondered, thus he walked to her room. He knocked on the door before turning the know,but it was locked.

Anxiety filled him because she had never locked the her bedroom because she knew that he had the sparekey. Moreover, these past few days, they had been sleeping in the same room.

"Key, open the door.. Key", he kept on knocking.

After knocking for another moment, he then decided to unlocked the door with his sparekey. Inside, the bed was as tidy as it was supposed to be. He then realized that the light in the bathroom was on and he could hear the spund of splattering water.

He knocked on the bathroom door. "Key...are you done?"

"..."

He couldn't care less. He opened the door and fortunately it was not locked. However, the view in front of him shocked him.

The woman that he pampered a lot was sitting under the shower. He didn't know whether she was crying or not because her tears and water had mixed into one.

This scene was very familiar. He still remembered the first time he saw the broken her. It was when she found out that he had known her secret which she had been hiding.

This time, what would it be to break to this point? He quickly took a towel and turn off the shower. He wrapped her before picking her up.

In the bedroom, he helped her change and dried her hair. He was too busy to notice that she was still holding her phone tightly. He then took her to the bed to let her sleep. He patted her to sleep. After making sure that she had gone to sleep, he then finally noticed her holding the phone.

He took it and slided the screen to open.  His eyes darkened to find what the contents were.

No wonder.

She had just slowly recovered from the previous event. To suddenly get another blow, which one would able to stay rational ?