Chapter 16

" Ms. Clarisse, this is your flight ticket to Phillipines tomorrow, and here are the documents that you need there. I've also sent the pdf version to your email", explained her subordinate as soon as she arrived in the office.

She nodded her head lightly. She put on more make-up as she would like to cover up her pale face, but still she didn't look energetic so her subordinates worried about her.

"Ms, it's better to take a day off since you have to go to a business trip tomorrow"

"Yes yes yes, you've never taken leave since you've been working here. The big boss won't blame you"

Others also gave their opinions and all of them were in unison. Clarisse was moved by their care, but she really got better.

"I'm really okay. I've taken medicine and rest well."

"Don't force yourself."

"I won't. I'll take a leave if I don't feel well later."

Seeing how determined she was, everyone couldn't say anything else. They could only make her promise that she would really leave if she didn't feel well. After that, all of them got back to their own positions and started working.

Clarisse went to her room and read all the piled documents on her desk. She was indeed better than the previous day, but she was still not well so after looking several documents, she then gave up. Walking to the sofa and sleeping like a fetus.

She was too deep in her slumber that she wasn't aware that someone walked into her room.

-----

After sending her home, Kevin drove his other car to the company as his car was left in the hotel. He went to his office and immersed himself in the load of work. He had to finish everything before the business trip.

He was a perfectionist so he would be well-informed about the meeting or the subsidiaries thay he would inspect. There were still several documents that he needed to take care of when he felt sleepy. He looked at the minimalist clock on the wall and saw that it was 3 a.m. He then walked to his private lounge in his office. Without changing, he laid on the bed.

It was not long before he was waken up by the brimming sunlight through the floor-to-ceiling window as he didn't close the curtain. He looked for his phone and slided it to see that it was 8 a.m.

He got up and took a bath before changing to his new outfit which had the same colour as the previous night's. When he came out from the room, Louis had been waiting for him.

He walked leisurely to his leather armchair "Does she come ?"

Although Kevin didn't mention who she was, Louis knew it well who he was talking about "Yes, she covers her pale face with make up but she still looks haggard"

Kevin sighed inside. Cover up with make-up? Why does she have to push herself that much?

"The documents from finance department hand them directly to me"

Louis was flabbergasted. Does he mean that he will take over her work? He has more than enough work, yet still .. haih.. love. He nodded to the order and left the room.

Kevin kept on looking at the clock while working. As soon as the clock striked at 12, he left his room immediately. There was barely no one in the whole office as everyone had gone to the cafetaria. He got into the elevator and dropped by the finance department.

He walked to the glass room in the corner. He pushed the door and found a pettite figure lying on the sofa. The petite one curled like a ball. She wore pink blouse with long black pants yet still looked like she was in the artic.

He took off his coat and draped it over her. He stretched his arm to feel her forehand and felt reassured as she got no fever. He also turned down the AC so that she won't feel cold. He then helped her take off her heels.

He walked over to her desk and found several documents related to the subsidiaries in Philliphines.