Chapter 5

The moment he stepped into the ballroom, he skimmed through the people. Where is she ? Fortunately, it only took him a moment before his eyes caught the lean figure sitting in the corner of the room wearing silver long dress with her culry hair tied up exposing her porcelain shoulders.

He then walked through the crowd and stopped where Hugo was, he positioned himself so he could look at the figure easily.

"Hey bro, why have you just come?"

"..."

"Grandpa was so mad when he couldn't find you."

"Avoiding him."

Hugo gasped "Don't tell me that you know he actually planned to announce you as his heir?"

"..."

"It's a secret, how could you find it out?", his eyes widened showing ho amazed he was.

"Child's trick", he smirked.

Although he was having conversation with Hugo, his eyes were fixed at the lady in silver. He just couldn't pull his eyes from her. She was so captivating.

People started to come and have some conversation hoping that they could make some connection with the prodigy who was rarely seen. Some of them were trying to poach him to be their son-in-law. In fact, Kevin didn't care even a bit about how much they tried to brownnosed him. He only focused on looking at the figure in silver and let Hugo take care of the conversation with those people.

Others also didn't dare to make any comments as they knew Kevin was not someone that they could afford to offend, especially when he had the old man to back him. Therefore, they could only swallowed their pride to how indifferent Kevin was toward them.

There were few times when Kevin would like to walk to her and talked to her, but he held himself back. He always despised people who would take chance to hit on women in this kind of event. He never imagined that one day, he could also have the urge to hit on woman. However, his self-control was damaged as soon as the silver figure looked at him solemnly.

He excused himself from the rest and told Hugo that he needed to go to the restroom. It was only a few seconds, but she was nowhere to be found.

-----

The next day, both Kaylee and Clarisse had to head back to the J city, Indonesia. Therefore, they arrived early in the morning hoping to be able to reach J city before noon they had promised their friends to have an early Christmas party.

"Coffee?", Clarisse asked after they entered the waiting room.

"Latte,please"

Clarisse went to buy and came back with latte on her left and chamomile on her right. She was still quiet afar from where Kaylee was, but she could see a tall man wearing all black talking to Kaylee. The way he stood with one hand in his pocket looked similar to someone, yet she couldn't see his face clearly as she didn't wear glasses or softlenses. Damn! If just I am not too lazy to put on softlenses, then I might get to see hot guy.

As she got closer, she saw the man had walked away. Too bad! He has gone.

"Who's that man?", Clarisse couldn't help but asked as she handed the latte to Kaylee and sat beside her.

"Hugo's cousin. He passed by and saw me so we chatted for a while", Kaylee explained after sipping her latte.

"The first young master?", Clarisse asked again.

Kaylee looked at Clarisse and her eyes looked shocked. Did this robot just ask another question about a man ? Did I hear it wrong ? Looking at how shocked Kaylee was, Clarisse sensed a little insecure. Will she think that I am interested in him ?

"En, he is indeed the invicible first young master", Kaylee answered indifferently trying to save Clarisse's face as she knew how shy and pridey Clarisse was.

Clarisse who didn't want to let others have their own assumptions had always kept her own thought. She wouldn't ask anything about the man that she was interested in. Moreover, this young master was not someone in her league so it was better for her not to mention anything about him in the future.

Eventually they landed after two-hour flight. Kaylee and Clarisse both went home seperately as they needed to prepare for their Christmas party later.

Clarisse instantly opened her suitcase and took out all her clothes then threw them to the basket. After unpacking her stuff, she had hot shower to relax her tense muscles.

Walking out from the bathroom only wearing her bathrobe, she went to the wardrobe and changed into comfy dress. It was still 2 p.m and she stilk had several hours before the dinner, she then decided to take a nap after drying her hair.

*Ring*

Her eyes slowly opened upon hearing the alarm clock. It was 4 p.m. She stretched her arm to reach her phone. Turning off the alarm, she then checked her phone whether someone looked for her or not. She spent half hour playing her phone before she went to get ready for the dinner.