Chapter 73

After taking photo, Kevin didn't say any words. He gripped her hand tightly and pulled her back to their room.

Closing the door, Kevin waited for her to talk what was on her mind because communication was a crucial thing in relationship. Moreover, he wanted to know how much she trusted him.

Nonetheless, she said nothing and headed to her own room. Alarmed, he caught her hand with force. "Key"

Clarisse knew that soon or later they would discuss about the cold war, though she didn't feel like talking about it. She feared, yet she got no choice.

"I saw everything."

"Everything?"

She nodded.

"Then, what is your conclusion?"

"We might break up."

His heart immediately felt like stop beating. He tried to compose himself, in fear that he might do something that would hurt her. "What if what you saw was not the everything that you have believed?"

"I just believe what I see with my own eyes."

"Then, how about what I will say?"

"Let me hear it out."

Kevin sighed relief. At least, she still wants to hear my explanation.

However, his hope was soon vanished when he heard her question.

"Did you want to marry her?"

There was only silence followed.

It took awhile before he answered "I did"

"Was she your first love?"

He nodded.

"Was she the reason why you wasn't in relationship for years?"

"Not entirely."

"I got it. Then, let's stop this beautiful dream."

Kevin directly claimed her lips as soon as she said so. He had known that she would say so since she asked whether he had wanted to marry Regina. He had  planned to explain to her calmly. However, hearing himself that she wanted to cut all the ties,he couldn't stay insane.

On the other hand, Clarisse tried to break free. She struggled from his kiss. It was not because of disgusted, but because she was afraid that would never want to wake up from this beautiful dream.

He wanted to marry her. She was his first love. He wasn't in relationsip for years because of her. Then, wouldn't she hinder his happiness by being with him?

His kiss was not gentle at all. His forced kiss hurt her. He knew it, but he didn't stop because he was afraid that she would run away after he stopped.

The kiss ended after she seemed to recripocate his kiss. He slowly left her lips. His forehead was on hers, his hands were still holding tightly her waist and and back, giving no room for her to run away.

"Your questions were all in past tense. My answers were all also in past tense. If you want to wake up from this beautiful dream, then I will let you do so."

He paused for a moment before he continued "However, once you wake up, our marriage will greet you in the reality."

This overbearing statement somehow calmed her down. Her hands which rested on his firm chest clenched. She bowed down.

"I feared..."

"..."

"Yesterday, I had a nightmare.."

"..."

"In the dream... you left me"

Upon hearing so, he understood why her reaction was so fierce. He pulled her into his embrace, caressing her head to ensure her "I will never do so. I will never."

"When I woke up, I searched for you but you were no where."

He tightened his hug. He regretted to have left her alone the previous night. He should have never left her in the first place. She would never feel the fear if he didn't do so.

"I was too nervous to think calmly so I ran out to... find that you were hugged.. by woman."

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have done so.. I'm sorry."