Chapter 28

It was 2 a.m. when Kelly was pushed out from the operation room. Her face was very pale which hurt the people who saw her. She soon was sent to the VIP ward. Kaylee and Ricky would wait upon her so the other family members went back home respectively. So did Kevin and Clarisse.

Today was a very tiring day for her. Clarisse directly jumped to her bed and slept soundly as soon as she arrived home.

In the morning, she was awaken by her ringing phone. She strecthed her arm to reach her phone which sounded so near yet so far. She placed her phone on her ear without opening her eyes.

"Hmm"

"Still sleeping?", she heard the familiar yet unfamiliar voice.

"Hmm"

She was awaken as soon as she realized who was the owner of the voice.

"Boss ?"

Kevin chuckled.

"Open the door"

"Huh?"

"Do I need to repeat it again?"

Clarisse rushed to the door and she found a man with his training outfit holding two sandwiches. She was dumfound.

Kevin looked at the girl in front of him who was still in her last night's outfit couldn't help but chuckled. He had never known that she could become a lion as her hair was so messy.

Clarisse who knew the reason why he laughed immediately closed the door. Unfortunately, Kevin was quick enough to hold the door and walked into her room like his own. He was just about to tell his purpose coming when he found that the little girl had disappeared.

Clarisse who was standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom couldn't believe that the reflection was her. How could I ? She was not the girl who slept like a princess,but the very least she had always tidied herself before meeting others, whoever the person was.

Kevin walked to the front of the locked bathroom. He knocked the door twice.

"How long are you planning to stay there?" His voice sounded dotting.

"Until you are gone"

"Come out now" he said gently

"..."

"It doesn't matter, afterall it's kind of entertaining"

Clarisse directly opened the door.

"What do you mean by entertaining? Let me see how embarassed you will feel of you were me" she directly spouted everything in her mind which she was also shocked herself.

Kevin was amused with her attitude.
Seems like she is getting more comfortable.

Kevin patted her head while saying "at that time, let you laugh all your might, okay?"

Clarisse glared at him before walking to the dining table. Kevin then followed her and sat across her. He unpacked the food that he brought.

"After breakfast, let's go to the hospital"

"Has Kelly woken?"

"En, I've just got a call an hour ago."

After breakfast, Kevin drove his red sport car to the hospital with Clarisse on the vice seat. They didn't talk during the drive, yet they didn't feel any uncomfortable feelings.

In the VIP ward where Kelly was being hospotalized, there were several doctors and nurses along with the Lou family members. Walking to the ward, they saw Kelly who was sitting on the bed was being examined.

"Ms. Clarisse", Kelly happily called out her name.

Clarisse smiled to all the people who turned their backs before saying "How are you, dear?"

"Extremely fine", she answered.

After examining, the people walked out simultaneously following the doctors and nurses.The chief hospital who was among the doctors and nurses explained Kelly's condition to the family members outside, thus only left Clarisse and Kelly in the room.

Clarisse sat on the side of the bed and patted Kelly's head.

"My brave princess"

Suddenly Kelly threw herself to Clarisse. Her tiny arms circled Clarisse's neck, then she started to sob.

"I'm afraid"

Clarisse patted her back gently, but she didn't spit out any words. She let the little girl in her embrace. After a while, the little girl had calmed down. Clarisse then helped her to wioe away her tears.

"Why do you act like an adult and fake a smile when you are not feeling to do so?", Clarisse asked her with a dotting tone.

"Daddy and Mommy will be worried if I cry. They will feel sad as well."

Clarisse was speechless toward the little girl's reply.

"Okay. Take a rest. You have to recover quickly so they won't be worried, okay?"

Kelly nodded viguorously and positioned herself to sleep.