Chapter 69

She was wide awoke by the nightmare so she decided not to continue sleeping. She got up and walked to the living room, but she found no one so she went to Kevin's room. She knocked on the door before entering, yet there was no one.

She searched for him at the bathroom and balcony, but she couldn't see his shadow. She recalled her dream and started to panic. She didn't think twice to run out from her room. In her panic, she came out from the room without changing her clothes or putting on jacket, she even ran barefeet.

Her eyes scanned anywhere as her footsteps became faster and hastier. As it was past midnight, there was almost no one,except the workers. She kept on searching for the man until she saw a pair of male and female in the coast. The woman hugged the man tightly while crying. At first, she didn't mind of the pair but she could sense the familiarity of the man. Though she didn't wear glasses, she could still notice Kevin's figure miles away. She tightened her fists before turning around.

Her tears were about to fall, but she forced herself not to cry. 'No, my tears are not worthy for someone who betrays me.'

At the very moment, she didn't know what she should do. Should she go back to the city? However, Kaylee was her best friend and it was her wedding the next day. Then, should she confront him? What if he told her that all this time was fake ?

She didn't know what she should do and where she should go. It seemed like there was no place for her in this world. She was walking aimlessly when she met Karen and Kelly.

"Auntie K", the cheerful voice drew her back to the reality. Before she realized, the little angel had thrown herself to her. In response, she carried the little angel and tousled her head. "Do you miss me?"

Kelly answered her sweetly. "I miss you so much."

"Sister-in-law, why are you out at midnight?", Karin asked her worriedly as she looked at her appearance.

Clarisse chuckled to hide her feeling, she then asked "Then, what about you guys? Why are you out?"

"Kelly took a nap for the whole afternoon so she didn't feel sleepy. Thus, I take her out for a walk.", Karin answered. She then continued asking "How about you? Where is brother?"

"I felt stuffy so I want to take fresh air. Your brother is sleeping. He is tired.", Clarisse explained.

"Take a fresh air? Barefeet?"

Karin's question made her look at her own feet. She just realized that she didn't even bother to put on slippers as she was so worried that something might happen to Kevin. Alas, what she saw was something she had never imagined.

"Auntie K, can you stay with me tonight?", Kelly asked with her puppy eyes.

"Sure.", Clarisse answered without second thought since she didn't know where she should go.