Chapter 39

After finishing her dinner obediently, Clarisse asked about her phone's whereabout. This time she told him honestly.

"I need to inform Sandra"

Hearing a woman's name, Kevin relaxed.

"I will inform her for you. You had better take a rest. Tomorrow, we need to fly to Singapore."

"Why?"

"Urgent."

Although Clarisse had handed her resignation letter, she still felt a sense of responsibility toward her tasks. After all, she was still part of the company until she officially quited.

She nodded her head slightly. Kevin helped her to lie on the bed, but she couldn't fall asleep. After all, she had slept for almost half day.

"Why? Can't sleep?", Kevin who sat on the edge of the bed asked her after tucking the quilt.

"En"

"Then, what do you want to do ?"

Clarisse was quiet for a while before she slowly said "phone?"

Kevin sighed. He then fished out her phone which was in his pocket and handed it to her.

"Don't play till too late.",he warned her.

Then he went to the lounge. He actually planned to stay, but looking at how cold her reaction toward him, he wanted to give her some space before the great event the next day.

Kevin worked until eleven, and he thought of looking whether Clarisse had gone to sleep or not, and his guess was correct. She was still wide awake, holding her phone. He approached her and took her phone.

Clarisse actually knew that Kevin came in, but she chose to ignore him. She didn't expect that he would take her phone.

"Hey...", she complained.

"It's eleven. Go to sleep now."

"I can't sleep."

Kevin didn't say anything, but he climbed to the bed.

"What are you doing?"

"I'll accompany you."

"Who wants you to accompany?", she pouted.

Kevin couldn't control his desire any longer, her lips were so tempting. He had been longing for her for the past few days. Looking at her who was in front of him wasn't enough to compensate his missing.

He kissed her lips deeply, wishing to suck out all her sweetness. However, he restrained himself thinking of her sickbody. He then turned gentle before he pulled his lips. His forehead stuck onto hers. Both of them were having difficulty to breathe.

"I couldn't sleep for the past few days... worrying you", he said gently

"So let's sleep, okay?"

He slowly positioned her to sleep on his arm while his other arm tucking the quilt.

Clarisse? What could she do? She was just too shocked with everything that had happened. From the dominating kiss to gentle kiss, his confession, until she laid on the same bed with the man. Her brain couldn't process so much shocking information. She then assumed that her brain might have been burnt when she had fever.

Forcing her eyes to close to avoid the awkwardness, she then slowly drifted to her slumber. Meanwhile, Kevin who begged to rest was wide awake thanked to the woman lying beside him. He brushed her hair to the side with his fingers revealing her clear face. He never knew that watching someone sleeping could make his manly hormonal reacted. Therefore, he rushed to take a cold bath in the middle of night.

The next day, the sun light sipped through the curtains and lit the room. Kevin who slept on the couch after his cold bath the previous night awoke and started his day with replying email.

Looking at the clock pointed at nine o'clock, he put aside his stuff and walked to the bed side. He leaned to her ear and whispered.

"Key, wake up"

Of course, the girl replied with turning her body to the other side.

Kevin shook his head, but his smile was apparent.

He then leaned forward and kissed her as deep as he could which then woke the sleeping beauty up.

"What are you doing?", she asked while struggling from his kiss.

"Waking you up."

Her reply was a killing intent gaze.

There were three things that could drive her mad which were annoy her while she was hungry, be noisy and disturbed her good sleep. And yes, this man hit the jackpot! She was really mad at him. She hadn't taken the account of the previous matter, and then he disturbed her sleep. What did he want?

Kevin saw the killing intent eyes which didn't make him scared even a bit, but he found it cute. He then kissed her forehead and said gently.

"The plane flies at 1 o'clock, get up and have breakfast"