Chapter 27

" Welcome to our honorable investors, our VIP gamers, and CM employees. Thank you for your support that CM can stand as one of the leading game companies. Our new game has topped to be the first. This kind of achievement is not merely one's hardwork, but all of us. By this chance, I would also like to thank someone who has been with the first pioneers of CM. Without her non-stop supports, there won't be CM as well. Please, Ms. Clarisse."

Louis who had been standing beside the cold man felt that the temperature dropped to the lowest as Clarisse's name was mentioned in Michael's welcoming speech. At the same time, Clarisse turned into an ice block. The thing that she had been afraid of would soon happen.

Both Michael and her had been childhood friend. They had been supporting each other for all the time. He would always be the one who came in her rescue, vice versa. She was not prepared for marriage, but if he was the one, she would feel much more relieved. She didn't love him, but people said they could cultivate feelings after tying the knot.

She always firmed with her decision, but now she was afraid. It was because she had someone she loved, but that certain someone wouldn't marry her as she was not worthy enough.

Fortunately, Clarisse was able to conceal her inner feeling. She smiled toward the man on the stage and walked to the stage calmly along with the applause. She stood on the stage and bowed to the audience.

"Thank you for your support for CM and hoping you to keep on supporting CM."

Clarisse's short speech was welcomed with a loud applause. In everyone's ears, her words meant that she affirmed her status as the future mistress of CM.

No one knew that her words were to remind herself that she would never be part of that certain someone's future.

However, her glowing eyes which looked straight to Kevin when she spoke had burnt Kevin to ashes. She was the reason why he invested in CM. He knew that she had been avoiding him, but he didn't expect that she would declare it that fast.

After their speech, Michael and Clarisse greeted the guests. Clarisse sure felt the piercing eyes which had been following her all the time, but she had to be firm and not to let herself be hurt. Thus, she chose to hurt herself before the love was too deep.

"Are you tired? Why not sit for a while?", Michael whispered to her.

She absolutely felt tired, so she didn't decline and nodded.

" I'll come after you later", Michael told her.

Clarisse walked to the seat and took some dessert to eat as she hadn't had any dinner but not feel like eating.

Not long after her relaxing moment, her phone rang.

"Ms. Clarisse, Kelly.."

The sobbing voice while mentioning Kelly's name stunned her.

"Why? What's wrong with Kelly?"

"She .. she suddenly fainted and was brought to the hospital. Her old illness suddenly relapsed. She is now in the operation room"

"I got it. Send me the address. I'll go there soon"

She didn't know why she had a very strong feeling toward Kelly. She was not her daughter nor her relative. She was merely a stranger that didn't know when became her important one in her life.

She rushed out and tried to fetch a taxi when a big and warm hand held her wrist.

"Let's go together"

Looking at Kevin, she nodded. After all she didn't drive her car and he was after all Kelly's uncle.

In the car, Clarisse felt restless. Her hands clasped tightly, she kept on praying for Kelly. A hand held her hands firmly which awoke her from her non-stop praying. She looked toward the owner's eyes. His eyes were firm under the dim light.

"She will be fine"

His gentle voice calmed her down. She nodded lightly, hoping God affirmed his words.

Arriving the hospital, they were welcomed by the old man (Kevin's grandpa)' s secretary.

"Sir, come with me"

Kevin only nodded to the man in his fifties.

When they arrived in front of the operation room, all of the family members had arrived. Everyone's face was anxious. Kelly was a pearl in their palms. She was the first grandchild in the family. She also had a very calm demeanour since baby thus made everyone love her more.

She had always been weak since baby as she was bornt prematurely. She almost lost her life once which made her whole family lived in America for two years.

She had been much better thus she was brought back a year ago and had been healthy all this time. Therefore, everyone felt anxious.

Michael who was looking for Kelly couldn' find her. He felt anxious and quickly fished his phone out from his pocket. He quickly pressed her phone number.

"Where are you?", he asked as soon as the phone dialed.

"Kelly is in operation room", Clarisse answered softly on the other side. Michael knew how important Kelly for Clarisse was.

"Tell me the address. I'll go there"

"No need. You have been so tired. I will go after she comes out from the operation room."

Her answer somewhat disappointed him. He was delighted with her speech just now. He thought that she had opened her heart. However, it was only his wishful thinking.