Chapter 66

"Kevin..Long time no see.", the annoying lady who underestimated Clarisse before suddenly exclaimed.

Kevin only looked at her solemnly.

"Do you still remember how hardworking we were when we were still in university?", she smiled as she tried to trigger the so-called memory in Kevin.

"Oh, didn't you guys in the same class during the university? I remember that you guys were very popular at the time.", another lady chimed in.

"Don't say so. I was nothing, but Kevin was really great. He always topped the chart."

"And you were always the second to him."

Everyone who listened continue giving praises to both Kevin and the young lady that later Clarisse knew that she was Tiffany from Shine Group. Tiffany was Kevin's classmate from kindergarden to master degree. It was more appropriate to say that she followed wherever Kevin went. Not until she graduated from her master degree when her father suddenly fell sich which she had to come back and helped the family business.

In the elite, it was a common knowledge that she was one of the top candidate to be the future Mrs Lou since the Lou family treated her well enough and Kevin didn't seem to be so cold toward her compared to others. By this condition, she had also believed that she would one day be Mrs Lou.

So, Clarisse's appearance threatened her which resulted her to offend Kevin unconsciously.

"It's been a long time.", Kevin nodded his head while his arm still protectively held Clarisse's shoulder. "Excuse us, we need to go."

"But..Kevin.", Tiffany shouted, but to her avail, Kevin didn't respond.

In the car, Kevin helped Clarisse to put on the safety-belt before he drove off. Clarisse suddenly chuckled remembering the incident at the banquet before.

Kevin turned his head to her and smiled."Why?"

"Big boss, you are sure such a big catch."

"How do you say so?"

"Look at those girls' eyes. If stare could kill, I could have been killed hundreds times."

"So, don't you think that you should hug this big thigh tightly?"

"Hmm.. I guess..I should lock you from now on."

"I am waiting for that."

She laughed "Do you feel so happy that those girls fall for you?"

He shook his head "I am happy that Mrs Lou seems to be jealous."

"Who says ?"

"Me."

"Dream on"

They bickered along the way home.

"Hey, but that princess from Shine seems to have history with you."

"You think too much."

Listening to Kevin's reply, Clarisse didn't know why she felt bad. She felt like he was hiding something from her.

Her silence scared Kevin to death since he knew that woman like her would be much scarier when she was silent than mad.

He quickly clarified "We were classmates and we often used to go to the library as we were assistant professors of our professor."

She was still quiet.

"There was nothing between us. We even haven't contacted each other these several years."

"And we won't keep in touch in the future as well."

Clarisse turned to look at him "Can't you explain it long before? Why do you need to make me feel anxious?"

He tousled her head "Jealousy proves that you love me so much."

"It's not jealousy. I feel bad because you seemed to hide something from me."

The trait that Kevin most amazed from her was her honesty. She would explain what bothered her which was so different from women out there.

She didn't treat him like a mind reader.