Chapter 5: Challenge

After school, (Y/n) went inside the student council room and sat down, furiously completing her work while she thought of the events of earlier. While he didn't blame the guy for not wanting her to be there, he didn't have to be so rude. In the midst of her work, she didn't notice someone else coming in. He had a shy smile on his face and rubbed the back of his head, waiting to attract her attention. When he still went unnoticed, he walked behind her and scared her half to death.

"Ah! 'Hashi!" she screamed, quick to shove him away.

The bluenette in question glanced away with a distant look in his eyes, placing his hands behind his back. She narrowed her eyes, wondering why, if he was trying to get her attention so much that he scared her, he was now ignoring her. Kicking at his shins did nothing. Moreover, snapping her fingers didn't work either. When she didn't get the hint, he stuck out his cheeks, pouting until she caved and did what he wanted.

"Narahashi."

"Yes?" he beamed, showcasing the smile that made him so popular.

"Why would you do that?"

"Well, you didn't see me, (Y/n). I had to make you. Want me to do it again?"

When she refused to play along with his teasing, he began to tickle her. She laughed loudly and wiggled around to get him to stop, but, of course, it wasn't that easy. He planned on getting as much out of her as possible. The male did, as always, go easy on her, though. When he finally stopped, she took a deep breath, exhaling as she calmed down. He took the time to sit down next to her, looking over the paperwork.

"This school is full of idiots," she affirmed, receiving a laugh from him.

"They're not idiots. They're all so sweet, you know. When I can't see everyone, I get so lonely. You think they feel the same?"

"When you don't come, everyone crowds me. All the questions, really...It's the worst."

"People used to crowd me, too. When you didn't come."

"That - It wasn't - "

"I know. But, you know, next time I have to take you home, I'd prefer you listen to me and stay there for a few days. You know Mitsuo - "

"How did I fall for the mimic again?!" a shout echoed.

(Y/n) and Narahashi exchanged looks but it was the latter that chose to get up. He slowly opened the door, being careful not to hit anyone if they were eavesdropping. Just as he thought, Shota backed away from the door, a red flush of embarrassment coating his features. Rei was behind him, unbothered by being caught. Haru appeared to just tag along, immersed in his game. Narahashi gave a quick smile, reaching out his hand to Shota.

"Are you alright down there?" he inquired kindly, "Let me help you up."

The (h/c) haired girl couldn't help but smile. After knowing Narahashi for so long, it was now just second nature to him to extend his hand for help with that loving smile on his face. It didn't really matter who it was. Most people described him as kind. Though, when she had met him first in elementary school, he had gotten his finger stuck in a pipe near the school's entrance and he wasn't very kind then. Still, they'd become allies after that. Great allies.

"I'm fine," Shota huffed, smacking his hand away and getting up on his own.

"Just glad you're okay. Is there something I can help with? I know it's hard as a new student, but - "

"If I told you to fetch me a coffee, would you do it?" Rei chuckled, "I mean, if you really want to help."

"Of course I do. What kind of coffee do you like? And do you need any creamer or sugar to go along with it? Or - "