The Grand Ball [Personality AU]

The beautiful night fell and the moon illuminated its radiant light, creating a luminescence in the Cinderella Ballroom. Rose and her friends stood still at the side, waiting for the grand ball to begin.

The students of Regal Academy wore fancy outfits suitable for a ball—even Vicky looked stunning in her maroon red and black dress.

"Rose, you okay? You look nervous." Joy asked worriedly as her friend began to fidget.

"I'm fine Joy. It's just that..." Rose trailed off as she murmured something inaudible. "It's my first ball here."

Joy nodded as she fathomed what she meant. "I'm the one who's supposed to be getting the cold feet. But, since you're here, I'm better."

Rose gave her a small smile of gratitude. Knowing how Joy always cheered her up and stayed at her side, Rose was grateful to have a friend like her.

"Move aside, princess on a mission!"

Astoria called whilst running towards them. Her lavender ballgown bounced lightly as she ran. Her wavy pink hair flew behind her and Astoria surely didn't want her tiara to fall off.

She handed Joy a small golden tube which Rose recognized as lipstick. "It almost made me late but, here's the Moon Bane Lipstick."

Joy squealed as she hugged and thanked her—seconds before the granddaughter of Rapunzel shoved her away. "Okay, okay already!"

Their small commotion made Rose laugh lightly, feeling more comfort and confidence filling her body.

After a while, Headmistress Cinderella entered and announced the grand ball had begun. One of the servants lit the chandelier, and it sparkled beautifully—accompanying the night.

Rose gazed at the scene in awe. She never thought the balls in Fairytale Land would be that beautiful.

"Hey, beautiful, mind if you accompany me to dance?"

The voice snapped her out from her trance. The suave prince outstretched his hand in front of her, and smiled.

"How about dancing with me instead?" another prince asked her whilst holding out his palm.

Rose stammered, unsure of what to say. She was suddenly not in the mood to dance. But, she also didn't want to ashame herself. She still had a reputation to protect.

"Wait, I thought I'm the one asking her. Not you."

"No, it's supposed to be me!"

Luckily, the ball was so loud that the guests didn't hear the noise. Deciding to leave them both, Rose fled the scene and went to a more deserted spot.

"Rose, you're not dancing?"

Astoria was the first to notice and asked curiously. Rose shook her head, knowing it would disappoint her if no one danced for the grades.

"You sure you're okay, Rose? There are plenty of boys here and we need grades!"

The granddaughter of Cinderella giggled with a hint of discomfort in her voice. After convincing Astoria that she was fine, Rose decided to step aside and find a quiet place to stay.

At the corner of her eye, she noticed her other two teammates chatting casually next to a pillar.

Her focus wasn't on Travis. She was more enamoured with the blue-haired prince next to him.

Hawk SnowWhite.

Her face heated up once she caught herself staring at him. Mentally pinching herself, Rose calmed her beating heart and placed both of her hands in front of her gown.